Director, Management Development
WeWork’s Director, Management Development will be part of the Talent Acquisition and Development Team. Join us on our explosive growth trajectory as we fulfill our team mission to evolve the hiring, on-boarding and development experiences such that employees become better at ‘making a life’, not just a living.
We are building a learning organization that exemplifies just that. We are pioneering programs, processes and tools that will define the future of work today.
The Director, Management Development position reports into the SVP of Talent and will be working closely with her to build and execute a learning and talent strategy that will accelerate WeWork’s impact on both its employees and members.
The learning solutions will be targeted first level manager to VPs blending face-to-face workshops, online learning, virtual collaboration, and action learning projects to create both a development experience and have a positive business impact.
The Director, Management Development will have a number of critical responsibilities focused on developing a management development strategy, working with key training partners to build out our online development strategy, and identifying key emerging leaders who can help us define the profile of a great manager at WeWork.
Specifically, this person will:
- Develop and communicate a compelling Management Development strategy to attract, develop and grow our people managers around the globe.
- Gain alignment and engagement with key leaders and training partners in support of the management development initiatives.
- Develop High Potential Learning Programs for specific roles that provide career growth for high potential employees in partnership with their manager and HR business partner.
- Consult with business leaders on leadership and management development gaps to create targeted development opportunities in areas critical to transforming WeWork’s business
- Design programs internally and partner with external content providers to customize programs for internal adoption.
- Design supplemental tools and programs to complement core program offerings to maintain impact and deliver ROI.
- Proactively monitor, track and evaluate impact of various leader programs and processes.
- Develop the management profile and skills to track and measure competency in managerial skills.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Prefer 10+ years in Learning and/or Organizational Development
- Demonstrated success as a hands-on, contributing member of a team in a performance-driven and fast-moving company.
- Deep understanding of Learning and Development principles and what makes great learning experiences.
- Demonstrated ability to build mutually beneficial and strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Previous experience designing, organizing, managing, and delivering learning programs for session’s involving 15-150 people.
- Work effectively and communicate with all levels in the organization.
- Ability to work independently with multiple stakeholders at different levels in the organization.
- Project management capability, excellent organization skills, ability to balance numerous tasks and meet tight deadlines.
- A successful track record of autonomy, leadership and initiative.
- Ability to lead others through change as well as personally thrive in a fast-changing environment.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s or PhD degree with an emphasis in OD, Training & Development, or Organizational Psychology a plus.
Critical Skills & Behaviors for Success
- Gets things done, with both a short and long-term view in mind
- Pragmatic and outcome-oriented, leveraging data to make decisions
- Thrives in a fast paced, agile environment with exceptional organizational skills and ability to re-prioritize on a consistent basis
- Thought leader who can scale a business:
- Thought leader for peers, clients, as well as team, getting to root causes of issues
- Can play “high and low”, operating at both a strategic and tactical level as needed
- Strong presenter, demonstrating the aptitude of communicating clearly and effectively to upper management and all levels across departments
- Collaboration focus in all interactions
- Provide recruitment coaching and learning opportunities to hiring managers, ensuring best and leading edge practices
- Highly collaborative with people with the ability to build relationships quickly
- Influential to executives, colleagues and peers coming from a “we” orientation
- WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than tens of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
- The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals
- Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.
Back to top