Department Goals & Objectives
- Responsible for successful Corporate Technology Service delivery to WeWork internal team members globally
- Services includes but not limited to Infrastructure, Project Management, Applications, Information Security as well as Technology Governance & Compliance
- Manages the administrative, logistical and technology support for day-to-day corporate technology functions
- Ultimate accountability for bottom line while maximizing return on investment
- Plan and deliver integrated information services to enable Internal WeWork team members access the information they need, when and where they need it
- Meet or exceed internal team member’s requirements for technology service delivery
- Leverage existing, emerging, and innovative technologies to enhance, improve, and streamline IT processes
- Ensure the privacy, integrity, reliability and appropriate use of information resources for all WeWork corporate services locations
Position Goals & Objectives
This position is a great opportunity for an entrepreneurially-minded person who enjoys making a difference in a start-up company. The Director, Infrastructure is responsible for day-to-day management of the corporate technology infrastructure function and team at WeWork. This position strikes a balance between providing strategic leadership and direction and being hands-on in areas including service desk/desktop support, system engineering, data center management, server and storage engineering and project management as well as collaboration with the Member Technology team regarding network and audio visual engineering as it relates to the corporate infrastructure. This leader is accountable to deliver results that support the strategies and goals of the business. This position oversees all aspects of the Infrastructure group’s procedures, policies, people and initiatives to ensure accurate and efficient service to support business programs. This leader champions customer-focused strategies and processes that result in a high degree of satisfaction and retention, efficiency and innovation for the organization. The ideal candidate will have had proven leadership success and be team oriented, and deliver in a highly collaborative work environment. Strong communication, creative problem solving, ability to negotiate and adaptability are all skills that are critical to this role. A strong desire and ability to build effective working relationships with key stakeholders across the organization and with diverse clients is a must.
Job Description & Responsibilities
- Directs all aspects of Corporate Technology Infrastructure for WeWork
- To put in place the metrics needed to monitor the availability and reliability of the infrastructure and team execution.
- To establish and support a minimum, baseline hardware and software standards for all WeWork corporate services locations
- To develop and monitor Service Level Agreements (SLA) concerning infrastructure services
- Monitors technology service requests and ensures resolution within stated SLAs
- Maintains a thorough understanding of Local Area Networking and Wide Area Network. Contributes to architecture of networking infrastructure as it relates to the delivery of corporate technology services
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential
- Maintains a thorough understanding of DNS, Security, IP Routing, HTTP, VPN, Email Routing, VOIP, Data Center, Access Control, Audio Video, Storage, VM environment, Disaster Recovery, and Business Continuity Planning
- Manages all vendors from an corporate technology infrastructure perspective including RFI and RFP processes as well as negotiating relevant technology contracts
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated service delivery experience in a leadership position
- Direct experience managing technology services including service desk, system, server & storage engineering, data center and project management.
- Expert knowledge managing Active Directory and Google environment for a global organization is required
- Proactive strategic thinker, with ability to move rapidly between big picture and tactical detail level
- This individual should serve their business partner’s needs and solve problems in a proactive manner designed to give a strategic advantage to the company while focusing on the timely completion of projects.
- The ability to comfortably and effectively interface with multiple leadership levels, including first-line technical and business managers up to and including executive levels.
- Ability to convey technical information in an understandable manner to non-technical people
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and manage team members in different locations
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Experience with audio visual and network engineering a plus
- Strong interpersonal, negotiating and conflict management skills
- An extremely bright, creative leader with a solid understanding of the total business process and the need for teamwork between technical functions of the company and internal business functions.
- A self-starter who is able to quickly take control of this organization, win the approval of peers and clients, and be viewed as a service provider to clients.
- ITIL V3 certified is a plus
- 5+ years in a leadership level infrastructure management position
- College degree or equivalent work experience required.
Critical Competencies for Success
- You do what you love!
- Credibility is earned at WeWork through execution and getting things done.
- You are able to get into the details and deliver results under highest expectations on time and quality.
- Be ready to get hands-on with all aspects of the daily needs. The buck stops with you.
- Pragmatism and outcomes orientation are valued and lead to wins.
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You have the flexibility to think outside the box.
- We don't do everything the traditional way, and are always looking to innovate and push the envelope.
- You have the ability to foresee and identify needs of the team.
- You take an innovator and creator’s approach to any issues that may arise.
- There is no room for “I” at WeWork. Every role and individual is in the organization to serve We.
- Builds trust across the organization by being a good listener and inclusively soliciting input.
- You are open to new and innovative solutions.
- You must present well and communicate clearly and effectively to upper management and internal departments.
- You’re willing to adjust course when appropriate new ideas or objections are raised.
- You love working with people!
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than tens of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.
Back to top