Director, Human Resources - West
About the Role
The HR Director is responsible for leading HR initiatives. The role is responsible for establishing and implementing existing and new HR initiatives and best practices and will assist the business in areas such as recruitment, employee relations, performance management, career development and management development, change management, and succession planning.
- Works directly with managers in all departments to support them in effectively managing their teams
- On-boarding and orientation for new hires
- Manages employee relations across the region. Provides both solutions and training to managers and employees on people issues. Consults with legal counsel as appropriate
- Recommends, evaluates and participates in staff development
- Identifies training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs. Partners with centralized HR team to leverage HQ resources as well as identifying opportunities to localize content and delivery
- Adopt and adapt existing WeWork HR practices and policies, developing local approaches to manage an effective regional HR function
- Develop and maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensures company’s compliance.
- Leads the recruitment effort for WeWork’s West Coast locations and runs the local talent process including onboarding, career pathing and development
- Minimum 7 years experience in generalist HR capacity -- ideally with recruitment and employee relations experience.
- Experience in a high-growth organization -- retail, hospitality-oriented, membership/subscription or start-up business is preferable
- Understanding of the customer service/customer experience issues related to member-facing business.
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than tens of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.
Back to top