Director, Global Strategy and Operations
We are looking for a motivated, super smart, and intellectually curious Director to join the Global Strategy & Operations Leadership Development Program at WeWork. This group was launched in the Spring of 2018 and is responsible for driving critical strategic initiatives. We partner with key functional and regional leaders across the business to address their most challenging strategic and operational questions through rigorous analytics, exceptional problem solving, and hands-on, cross-functional collaboration.
Our team's mission is to drive value across the business through developing and implementing strategies that support our voracious growth ambition while also ensuring financial discipline in our decision-making. Example projects that this team has tackled in the past include customer segmentation, sales incentive design, cost reduction strategies, new business launch strategy, and predictive modeling to inform future location siting. In a rapidly growing and evolving company, we are looking to bring in the next generation of leaders that can manage through ambiguity to keep the company on a path towards long-term value creation. Individuals on this team can expect to get an unparalleled view into the breadth of the company's business while deep-diving in a number of different areas through specific projects. We expect that Directors will eventually be outplaced into any number of high-impact roles across the Company.
The Director will oversee a team of 2-3 and will apply structured problem-solving, detailed analytical skills, and stellar interpersonal skills to co-develop strategies and drive implementation of cross-functional initiatives. The role will work closely with senior leaders across the organization, including Finance, Marketing, Sales, Real Estate, Development, and Building Operations. The ideal candidate will have exceptional problem-solving skills, outstanding commercial acumen, refined communication skills and comfort with the ambiguity of a high-growth company.
- Perform both quantitative and qualitative analysis to support conclusions, prioritize investments, and influence decisions, including market segmentation and sizing, market trend and competitive landscape analyses, client portfolio analyses, business and financial modeling, operations analyses, etc.
- Partner with the Finance, Sales, Digital, Real Estate, Design, Development and Marketing teams to develop growth strategies that leverage our global position, unique capabilities, unmatched scale and resources, and brand equity
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency of our capital, operating expenses, and SG&A expenses as we scale the business globally
- Succinctly synthesize analyses into compelling presentations that identify key trends, insights, and implications while aligning stakeholders on action plan
- Manage the professional development of a team of 2-4 individuals including managers and associates
- Translate strategy into specific business initiatives and develop tools to measure and evaluate them
- 7+ years experience in conducting complex analyses to support strategic decision making and business strategy; experience at Strategy Consulting firm or in operational roles at high-growth companies preferred
- BA/BS degree with proven track record of academic success; MBA preferred
- Ability to package and present solution options in a clear and effective manner to a diverse set of partners
- Excellent team player with strong interpersonal skills to work cross-functionally across the organization
- Must be detail-oriented and keen to dig into numbers and variances
- Must possess advanced PowerPoint and Excel skills; proficiency with Tableau desired
- Openness to long-term travel (1 month+) is a plus
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills
- Energetic and proactive learner
Back to top