DevOps Engineer - SaaS
About the Role
We are seeking a DevOps engineer with AWS experience to join our talented team of API and backend engineers. You will be building our next generation cloud infrastructure and providing our engineers with tooling to help them focus more on code. We’re looking for experienced, collaborative and dedicated engineers with a passion for APIs, systems engineering, data management, cloud computing, and performance tuning. We love working with great creative minds, people that can think outside of the box and people that are ready to make a difference at our company. This position comes with a lot of responsibility and ownership — the right person will be expected to deliver at a high pace, with high reward.
Our stack includes: PHP 7 (Laravel 5 framework), PostgreSQL, Redis, Docker, EC2, CloudFront, S3, Stripe, Pusher, Mailgun, SparkPost, New Relic and Logentries.
- Contribute to an agile team that solves complex challenges and builds quality software.
- Architect high-performance, high-availability, scalable, and resilient cloud infrastructures.
- Lead internationalization efforts to make our services available worldwide.
- Design and maintain high-performance data management and storage systems.
- Research, experiment with, and inform on emerging technologies and tooling to improve the developer and member experience.
- Assist with engineering onboarding and troubleshooting.
- Participation in on-call duty alongside other team members.
- Create test cases, unit tests and automation scripts.
- Playing an important role in improving the team’s technical depth and efficiency.
- 3+ years of experience in development operations / systems administration.
- 2+ years of experience in professional software development.
- Experience with AWS including IAM, VPC, EC2, ECS, ELB, RDS, SQS, S3, and CF.
- Understanding and experience using cloud design patterns, with affinity to AWS platform.
- Experience with container systems such as Docker.
- Experience with configuration and orchestration systems such as Kubernetes.
- A deep understanding of modern DevOps tools and best practices, including cost efficiencies.
- A strong technical background with web servers, database servers, RESTful APIs, and browser technologies.
- Unit and acceptance testing experience.
- SQL knowledge (preferably in Postgres).
- A love for speed. Milliseconds means everything.
- A strong attention to security and reliability.
- Excellent communication and organization skills with natural ability to articulate and defend design decisions.
- A strong vision for modern business and enterprise products.
Critical Competencies for Success
- You do what you love!
- Credibility is earned at WeWork through execution and getting things done.
- You are able to get into the details and deliver results under highest expectations on time and quality.
- Be ready to get hands-on with all aspects of the daily needs. The buck stops with you.
- Pragmatism and outcomes orientation are valued and lead to wins.
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You have the flexibility to think outside the box.
- We don't do everything the traditional way, and are always looking to innovate and push the envelope.
- You have the ability to foresee and identify needs of the team.
- You take an innovator and creator’s approach to any issues that may arise.
- There is no room for “I” at WeWork. Every role and individual is in the organization to serve We.
- Builds trust across the organization by being a good listener and inclusively soliciting input.
- You are open to new and innovative solutions.
- You must present well and communicate clearly and effectively to upper management and internal departments.
- You’re willing to adjust course when appropriate new ideas or objections are raised.
- You love working with people!
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than tens of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.
Back to top