Data Scientist, Member Experience
The Member Experience mission at WeWork delivers experiences that create intelligent spaces & connected, consciously-engineered communities to make people happier and more productive at work. We build products to foster a sense of community in our digital and physical spaces, enable increased productivity for our members, and evolve the ways in which members connect within the community.
As a Data Scientist in the Member Experience mission, you will help our team to understand the needs of our members, analyze how our users engage with our products, and design and evaluate experiments to test new product experiences. Through insights, you will craft narratives that influence the strategy of our mission and inform our product roadmaps.
At WeWork, Data Scientists are exceptional at identifying problems and coming up with effective data-informed solutions. We are not dogmatic about specific methodologies - for any given problem, a Data Scientist may borrow tools from any variety of quantitative disciplines to drive the greatest impact.
Data Scientists in Member Experience are embedded with product teams, so you will work closely with product managers, engineers, designers and researchers to shape the future of our products.
Who You Are
- You are passionate about generating hypotheses for business and product problems
- You thrive in a collaborative and dynamic environment
- You have the proven ability to initiate projects and drive them to completion
- You are highly analytical and enjoy breaking down large problems into smaller solvable components
- You have excellent communication and storytelling skills
- Develop research questions and explore a large variety of data sources to understand who our members are and what they care about
- Identify significant opportunities to evolve our product roadmap by analyzing behavioral and usage data
- Develop experimentation methodology; and launch, monitor, and evaluate experiments and A/B tests
- Work with partners and stakeholders to formulate quantitative and measurable objectives that have an impact on the business and our products
- You have 5+ years of experience in data science or quantitative user research
- You are comfortable using SQL for data munging, exploration, and analysis
- You know how to tell a story using tools like Tableau, matplotlib or ggplot
- You have experience using R or Python for data analysis and can write clean, reusable code
- You have knowledge of one or multiple of the following areas: data mining, statistical analysis, research methods, machine learning, hypothesis testing, network modeling, data visualization, quantitative behavioral science
Nice to Have
- Advanced degree (Ph.D. or M.S.) in a quantitative field, e.g. mathematics, computer science, economics, operations research, engineering, quantitative social science
- Experience in product analytics, user modeling or experimentation
- Experience working at a fast-growing organization
- Passion for quantifying human behavior, satisfaction and productivity
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members across the globe space, community, and services that enable them to do what they love and craft their life's work. Our mission is to build a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
We are building software for physical space that uses data and technology at each point in the building process, such that it can make better sourcing decisions, improve its designs, build faster and smarter, and ultimately improve the lives of the people working within its buildings.
Our state of the art technologies and dedication to technological innovation are key reasons why WeWork has been able to scale from operating one workspace location to more than 425 in just over nine years.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top