About the Role
We are diversifying our platform team by seeking a Data Engineer. We are a closely-knit team based in Montevideo, Uruguay. As a member of the platform team you not only collaborate with your team-mates, but also with external vendors and services, end users, and our application engineers. By providing accurate and timely data you will have a profound impact on the organization with regards to data driven decisions.
We are a closely-knit group composed of four subteams:
- Data engineer: provide the analytics infrastructure for the whole of WeWork.
- Business Intelligence Analyst: develop reports, dashboards, and metrics to provide accurate and timely information.
- Insights: supports various product and business groups with recommendation and in-depth analyses.
- Data Scientist: deploys impactful data products based on advanced analytics and machine learning.
We are seeking a data engineer to grow the team. You will collaborate with our platform and engineering team, external vendors and services, the rest of the data team, and end users across the organization, to provide accurate and timely data and efficient and impactful tooling. By developing and maintaining the foundational data layer, you will have a direct, visible, and profound effect upon a large, global, and data-driven organization.
- You have a robust understanding of DB’s and ninja like skills to apply solutions
- You bring experience with Amazon Redshift and it’s pipeline.
- You are fluent in one or more backend languages (Ruby, Python, Go, PHP, etc)..
- Understanding of automation and orchestration platforms.
- You try to future-proof everything you create by minimizing built-in assumptions, and writing tests where appropriate.
- You know when to apply duct tape and when to rebuild
Develop and maintain data products and infrastructure
- Design, Implement, and maintain data strategies for applications.
- Build internal tools to ingest, visualize and monitor all aspects of our applications data pipelines and needs.
Optimize the system
- Work closely with our different products and development teams regarding architecture, design and scaling challenges they may have.
- Identify and eliminate potential performance problems through the stack.
- Improving the reliability and fault tolerance of our infrastructure.
- Develop appropriate data models for landing and storing data
- Work with internal customers to develop optimized models and views for their needs
- Guide analysts on high-quality efficient SQL
Systems and Tooling
- Automate repetitive tasks
- Review code, deploy code and systems
- Vet and research new technologies
- You want to work in a small team, using agile principles
- You mentor other developers when needed
- You work hard and don’t need much oversight
- You like variety in your projects
- You want to be proud of what you do at your job
- 3+ years of experience in backend software development.
- Experience with software development, testing and deployment.
- Comfortable writing high efficiency SQL.
- Skilled in a scripting language such as Python.
- Deep understanding of optimization and code efficiency
- Expertise with version control, ideally git.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Love what you do!
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than tens of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.
Back to top