We are seeking a sharp Data Analyst to provide insights and recommendations to help drive strategy and execution within our Digital department. Based in Tel Aviv, Israel, the engineering and product team is tasked with the important mission of creating the best service experience for WeWork members, driving value and increased efficiency into their businesses.
The ideal candidate is highly analytical, passionate about generating hypotheses for business problems, and developing solutions. The role will span a variety of aspects around a particular product offering and may cover areas such as market analysis, user analysis, UX, as well as web analytics.
The candidate will be an integral part of the HQ centralized data team (in New-York) that will provide the candidate full support in terms of data engineering, business intelligence, mentorship, a career path, and peers.
That data and analytics organization drives efficient decision-making and optimization via data-driven insights and recommendations, and are a closely-knit group composed of four subteams:
- Data Engineering: provide the analytics infrastructure for the whole of WeWork.
- Business Intelligence: develop reports, dashboards, and metrics to provide accurate and timely information.
- Insights: support various product and business groups with recommendation and in-depth analyses.
- Data Science: deploy impactful data products based on advanced analytics and machine learning.
- Work with the product managers and other team members to identify opportunities to improve and enhance the product.
- Provide recommendations on what should be instrumented.
- Propose, design, and monitor A/B tests. Analyze the results and make recommendations.
- Design, send, and analyze user surveys where necessary.
- Run path analysis and other web analytics.
- Work with the BI team to develop the relevant metrics, reports, and dashboards
- Run ad-hoc analyses and develop forecasts and other predictive models to support the team’s decisions makers.
Two to four years functional experience required, preferably in industry and/or consulting. We are after individuals who are highly motivated, intelligent, and have a great track record. In addition to strong analytical and quantitative skills, the successful candidate should have:
- An analytical mindset, able to break down large problems, develop approaches and solutions, even under constraints of partial or ambiguous information, think laterally, and provide robust, objective and data-justified conclusions.
- Strong, technical skills in data extraction, munging, analysis, statistics, and visualization (e.g. SQL, Python, and R). You can tell a compelling story with data.
- BA / BS in a quantitative discipline (such as science, computer science, economics, operations research or statistics) with high GPA
- Good understanding of LTV, NPV/DCF and ROI concepts.
- Experience in business modeling and forecasting.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work well in a lean team environment, often under pressure.
- Flexibility with working on changing work schedules and ability to work independently and solve problems on your own.
- Strong work ethic, intellectual curiosity, good judgment, mature and positive attitude.
- Be extremely curious.
- Love what you do!
Nice to have
- Experience in e-commerce
- Prior experience with web analytics: metrics, tools, and analyses. Mixpanel or Google Analytics would be ideal.
- Working knowledge (at least) in inferential or Bayesian statistics.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
Critical Competencies for Success
- You do what you love!
- You are infinitely curious.
- You love to learn as well as mentor and teach others. You get satisfaction from seeing other people grow.
- Superior communication skills. You can tell a compelling story with data. You can easily talk shop with developers and strategy with the C-suite.
- You thrive in a dynamic startup environment. You live KISS and embody agile.
- Comfortable with ambiguity; you handle partial information, missing data, and broad requirements pragmatically and gracefully.
WeWork is the community of creators. We provide the space, community and services for over tens of thousands of members to do what they love and create their life's work. WeWork’s mission is to build a world where people work to make a life, not just a living. Our own team members are central to this mission.
The WeWork team is a group of entrepreneurial, grateful individuals who deeply believe in what we are creating and in the power of “we”. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration.
WeWork transforms buildings into beautiful, collaborative work spaces and provides infrastructure, services, events and technology so our members can focus on doing what they love. Our team members value the WeWork concept and there is a contagious energy in our offices as we work towards accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces, empowering small businesses and connecting interesting people hasn't yet begun to be satisfied. We are just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly more exciting as team members join our mission!
Our values guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things; we challenge convention; and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. Be persistent and knock down walls – literally if you have to. You have our permission.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.
Back to top