Creative Manager - WeWork:
About WeWork - Development:
We believe in a team-based effort to achieve our common goal: To deliver the best quality product possible as we create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living.
We encourage cross-pollination of disciplines
We are an international, interdisciplinary team, where a diverse array of functions, backgrounds and roles work together and support one another. Bringing these groups together allows us to forge new paths and develop an integrated approach to bringing our product to life.
We are never afraid to blow things up
Sometimes the best solution to a problem is to completely wipe the slate clean and start fresh. We always consider new opportunities and methodologies in the interest of getting better at what we do, everyday.
About This Role:
As a Creative manager, you will be a brand ambassador that lives at the nexus of product creation and regional delivery, helping to craft the best workplace product possible for our members. You will be deployed to a specific region to act as the link between the creative studio in HQ and the delivery of that product within your specific region. It is the responsibility of the Creative Manager to work closely with the Regional Creative Director and the Chief Creative Officer to ensure that the brand identity is represented at the cluster level. Not only will you ensure proper roll out of new product to your cluster, but you will also seek out opportunities to innovate our brand by taking lessons learned back to the creative studio. Harnessing and supporting this information exchange life-cycle is key to succeeding in this role and to our objective of producing the best workplaces in the world.
The position requires a proven track record of exceptional design thinking, an understanding of our brand at its deepest level, and demonstrable expertise across many design disciplines. Creative managers must ensure that the designs produced within their cluster speak with a singular aesthetic voice and are responsible for clearly and effectively communicating this voice across all mediums. Particularly important to the role are the oral and written communication skills to articulately express the rationale behind design decisions.
- Be a Positive Influence - You are a leader representing the Design Department, always be solutions oriented, optimistic, and helpful towards others.
- Collaborate - Work closely with Regional Creative Director to understand global creative direction and communicate this to the cluster. Collaborate with the Space Planning Manager to ensure strategic planning and design excellence. Work collaboratively to execute regional goals.
- Manage instead of Direct (Creatively) - Be responsible for reviewing design packages, construction documents, shop drawings and other technical documentation for cluster. Use desk crits to guide and track progress throughout the design process. Facilitate coordination of Interior Design with other disciplines.
- Implementation - Communicate new standards and provide a strategy for designers to implement. Continually update documentation for designers and teams to follow.
- Represent - Be able to effectively communicate the rationale behind design decisions through strong oral and written communication skills to internal and external parties. Be capable of running reviews and presentations.
- Police - Ensure regional product aligns with global Creative direction of WeWork product. Maintain open communication with the Regional Creative Director and the Creative Studio in HQ.
- Communicate - Espouse excellent and efficient communication skills. Excellent communication skills are critical to effective collaboration.
- Mentor - Act as mentor to regional team members. Work to onboard new designers within the region to the global creative vision and aesthetic.
- Innovate - Run initiatives at Product Development level to improve both process and product on a global scale.
- Tools + Workflow - Work to master and leverage the latest technology to enable our teams to succeed at scale. Continually optimize workflow to streamline processes and enable efficient and rigorous work.
- Conduit - Proactively gather feedback from regional teams on a regular basis to feed into standards regionalization and global Creative Direction. Be a key member in enhancing the product and process to better suit regional cultural expectations.
- Reports to the Design Director
Who + What We're Looking For:
The Development Team is looking for motivated individuals with a love of learning and collaboration who are eager to join a workplace built around the mindset of "we" over "me". We're committed to investing in team member growth and encourage applicants to consider the direct and/or indirect ways in which they meet the following criteria.
A Creative Manager candidate will have one or more of the following criteria:
- 5+ years of experience of all phases of the design process from schematic design through the bid process and construction administration
- BArch, BA in Architecture or Interior Design
- Unparalleled design acumen and creative alignment with WW Creative Direction
- Be a self-starter, with the ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Open to feedback, with optimistic and positive attitude
- Experience mentoring and guiding designers.
- Strong time management skills and demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Highly resourceful problem solver and quick learner
- Space Planning experience a plus
- Be familiar with construction industry best practices, building & ADA codes
- Fluent in Revit
- Fluency in Mandarin. High command of English language, both spoken and written.
Portfolios must be submitted for consideration
Culture & Benefits:
Working at WeWork means you'll always be taken care of. Here are just some of the benefits included with joining the Development Team:
- Comprehensive medical coverage, including parental leave
- Paid vacation + holiday leave
- A robust Professional Development program
- Complimentary meals + beverages
- Company retreats, events, volunteering and wellness programs
- Lifestyle perks + discounts
Back to top