Consumer Communications, Manager
About the Role
WeWork is currently seeking a Manager of Consumer Communications. The ideal person in this role will manage WeWork’s day-to-day interactions with key local and national consumer media in the US. The primary objective of the role is to drive brand awareness programs, communications plans and initiatives. This person will work in a fast-moving organization with key internal and external stakeholders.
Strong candidates will be keen storytellers with a sophisticated understanding of media relations, excellent writing skills as well as experience executing and promoting brand awareness opportunities that include leveraging press, social media, original content, events, and brand partners. This role offers an opportunity to lead key components of cross-functional campaigns and to contribute to the creation of original content ranging from by-lined editorial, marketing materials, podcast interviews and more.
This full-time position will be based in New York and will report to the Head of Consumer Communications, also based in New York City. The position will offer the right candidate the unique opportunity to be a true partner in continuing to build an important narrative for the company.
- Manage day to day media relationships with consumer media and influencers
- Lead specific components of integrated campaigns, working closely with internal and external partners to identify opportunities and to execute deliverables
- Proactively develop new story ideas and identify key speaking or cultural opportunities
- Liaise frequently with WeWork’s communications, brand, community and social teams to help implement strategy and mine for new ideas.
- Work with the events and member engagement teams to vet opportunities for media interest and secure media to cover WeWork member stories and WeWork events
Successful candidates will be:
- Fluent in English
- 2-4 years of communications experience
- Be a strong self-starter who is eager to make their mark in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization
- Ability to develop strategic plans and advise senior leaders while also delivering at the tactical/operational level – this person should be able to conceptualize a media strategy, as well as work directly with reporters to implement it
- Excellent organization, communication, writing and presentation skills
- Experience with a wide range of communication channels including digital, broadcast, and print
- Must be capable of managing multiple issues and projects at once. Prioritization is key to success.
- Ability to travel to both existing and new WeWork locations
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than tens of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.
Back to top