About the Role
WeWork is looking for a Construction Manager to help manage a regional portfolio of projects. As a member of the construction team, the successful candidate will work with a project team (including peers in development, architecture, engineering, logistics, interior design, and project integration) to support all efforts that go into building a WeWork space. The majority of the focus of the Construction Manager role is during the build-out execution, so a great deal of time will be spent on site reviewing plans and conditions with general contractors, vendors, and other team members. Construction Managers at WeWork are expected to be excellent communicators, risk-assessors, relationship builders and problem solvers.
- Schedule Management
- Provide oversight and document construction progress to ensure major milestones are met by general contractor and WeWork vendors to open office spaces on schedule
- Collaborate with internal team members to validate construction duration and develop overall project schedule
- Coordinate with general contractors & WeWork vendors to supply and install material, equipment, and FF&E as scheduled
- Assist Development and Engineering teams with Due Diligence activities to understand potential base building issues or unique conditions
- Coordinate with internal team members on project readiness prior to opening and support Logistics peers to prepare for member move-in
- Resolve punchlist items and close out project in a timely manner
- Cost Management
- Manages value engineering internal stakeholders and WeWork team members
- Support quantity survey for Estimating team to generate budgets
- Manage general contractor change orders
- Quality Management
- Ensure general contractors and WeWork vendors adhere to plans and specifications
- Ensure delivery of high-quality finished product to maintain WeWork brand standards
- Work with Architecture and Engineering teams to enhance plans and details on future projects when drawing conflicts are discovered
- Manage punchlist and project closeout processes
- Ensure general contractors work in accordance with company safety standards
- Have thorough understanding of safe working practices and OSHA requirements
- Proactively communicate risks and opportunities regarding constructability, cost, quality, and schedule concerns to internal WeWork team members
- Build and maintain relationships with internal team members and external resources
- Provide constructability feedback during Due Diligence phase and through life of project to identify potential issues around unique building conditions
- Experience in application of Building Information Modeling (BIM) software on projects (Autodesk Revit preferred).
- Understanding of Lean Construction or Pull Planning techniques.
- Construction experience working on high-end retail, hospitality, or similar projects
- Ability to travel as needed (50 - 75% of the time) to projects throughout designated region
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, architecture, construction management (or relevant/equivalent experience)
- Experience with construction management/project management software (Procore preferred)
- Ability to collaborate with drawing production teams to evaluate, identify and solve constructability issues
- Effective in a fast paced environment
- Analytical in approach when evaluating construction progress or obstacles and provide solutions to stay on schedule and minimize cost impacts
- Desire and ability to manage multiple large-scale projects simultaneously
- Required communication skills:
- Excellent written and verbal skills with prompt follow-up
- Ability to build and maintain relationships
- Ability to communicate project status concisely
- Required decision making skills
- Confident with making major decisions
- Experience in on-site risk-assessment
Who You Are:
- Eager to teach; eager to learn
- Seek out innovative and technological solutions and experiment with new ideas
- A craftsperson with real-life hands-on experience
- Burning desire to make every project better than the last
- Strive for making things better for the entire team
- Ready to roll up your sleeves and get work done
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than tens of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.
Back to top