WeWork is seeking a highly motivated Construction Counsel to join the Legal team in our Mexico City Headquarters. The Construction Counsel will report to the Regional Construction Counsel for Latam.
The Construction Counsel will provide general-level support to the Legal Department on a variety of construction contracts matters for WeWork's operation in Mexico, Central America and Colombia.
The primary responsibilities for this role are:
- Draft, review, negotiate and update design and construction agreements for Powered by We and WeWork projects across domestic and international portfolio.
- Draft, review, negotiate and advise global stakeholders and legal team on a variety of construction-related agreements, including professional consulting, general contracting, and design/build agreements.
- Support Enterprise Sales, Development and Delivery teams to facilitate the timely review, negotiation, and execution of construction agreements.
- Provide counseling on complex development, risk management, dispute resolution, and project management issues.
- Maintain, update and enforce form agreements, give books, contract management systems, and other databases.
- 3-5 years experience as an attorney within a recognized legal firm, multinational company, retail or real estate company.
- Position requires a Law Bachelor's Degree from Mexico.
- A multi-tasker with excellent analytical and legal skills.
- Thrives working in a fast-paced, high pressure, entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to understand business needs and partner with the business to create solutions.
- Organized, detail-oriented, resourceful, and flexible.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are required.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a non-legal audience required.
- Demonstrated computer skills, including Excel, Word, and other applicable software programs required.
Back to top