Community Strategy Specialist
JOB DESCRIPTION – COMMUNITY STRATEGY SPECIALIST
Department: Community and Operations
Position: Community Strategic Specialist
Reporting to: Director of Community Strategy
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the Community Strategy team to plan and execute strategic projects
- Conduct research and analysis of industry, company, or customer data to support market assessment and identification of key strategic trends.
- Perform quantitative analyses, including the development of complex financial models, to evaluate and implement strategic options.
- Develop senior management level presentations that clearly communicate community Strategy analysis and recommendations
Qualifications / Experience
- 3+ years of relevant work experience required.
- Strongly preferred background includes roles in management consulting, corporate strategy, corporate finance, private equity, investment banking, or other similar analytical data-driven function from a top tier company
- Expert financial modeling skills using excel (including cost projections, pivot tables, trend analysis)
- Strong analytic skills to identify complex business issues and develop strategic solutions
- Strong understanding of cloud based data analysis platforms like Tableau, Chartio and Looker preferred
- Strong communication skills to engage with senior executives
- Successful track record working in a fast-paced cross-functional environment
- Proven problem-solving, multi-tasking, and analytical abilities
- Expertise in Microsoft Office applications (particularly advanced capabilities for Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
- Ability to break down complex problems into pieces that can be solved with data, analysis, assumptions and judgment
- Strong project management skills, including demonstrated ability to think end-to-end and manage multiple priorities/projects simultaneously
- Ability to find creative solutions to complex operational issues
Critical Competencies for Success
- You do what you love!
- Credibility is earned at WeWork through execution and getting things done.
- You are able to get into the details and deliver results under highest expectations on time and quality.
- Be ready to get hands-on with all aspects of the daily needs. The buck stops with you.
- Pragmatism and outcomes orientation are valued and lead to wins.
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You have the flexibility to think outside the box.
- We don't do everything the traditional way, and are always looking to innovate and push the envelope.
- You have the ability to foresee and identify needs of the team.
- You take an innovator and creator’s approach to any issues that may arise.
- There is no room for “I” at WeWork. Every role and individual is in the organization to serve We.
- Builds trust across the organization by being a good listener and inclusively soliciting input.
- You are open to new and innovative solutions.
- You must present well and communicate clearly and effectively to upper management and internal departments.
- You’re willing to adjust course when appropriate new ideas or objections are raised.
- You love working with people!
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than tens of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.
Back to top