Community Service Associate (Part-time)
Co-Reporting to: Community Manager and Facilities Operations Leads
Position Goals & Objectives
- Deliver exceptional building level cleaning services within Operational Standards guidelines
- Assure positive Member experience through quality cleaning practices
- Perform all tasks on schedule with maximum efficiency
- Identify and set priorities through clear communication with the Member Services Lead and the Community Management team
- Maintain a 90-point or above monthly rating based on Operational Standards rating system
- Work with the Community Management team to identify opportunities to enhance Member experience
- Act as eyes and ears in absence of Building Management staff
Duties & Responsibilities included but not limited to:
- Arrive to work at scheduled time
- Clean and maintain restrooms (including the restock of: toilet paper, paper towels, hand soap, mouthwash, mouthwash cups and air freshener)
- Clean and maintain kitchens throughout building (including the restock of: dish soap, hand soap and paper towels, paper plates, cups and cutlery)
- Remove kitchen pantry garbage
- Clean and organize refrigerators
- Clean and reset conference rooms (including the restock of: dry erase markers, white board erasers, water pitchers, glasses, prepare tables, reset chairs, empty trash, prepare white boards and recharge phones)
- Clean and maintain specialty rooms e. screening rooms, meditation room, recording studios
- Reset furniture
- Reset equipment
- Clean carpets/floors
- Clean glass walls and doors, including inside and outside of private offices and aluminum partitions
- Load and unload dishwasher
- Clean phone booths dust, vacuum, disinfect phone handles and prepare doors
- Wash coffee pots and sanitize fruit water container at the end of the day
- Common spaces and hallways reset and prepare furniture, prepare carpets/floors
- Private offices clean floors, glass doors and remove trash as scheduled
- Take garbage to trash room/ loading dock and/or curb
- Prepare spaces for the hosting of events (setup and break down)
- Maintain building entrances and sidewalks (shovel snow/ice when needed)
- Maintain building and floor lobbies
- Maintain elevator cars and doors
- Prepare and lock beer kegerators
- Prepare and maintain printing stations (including the restock of: pens, copy paper, staplers, staples, paper clips, tape and tape dispensers)
- Brew coffee (as needed through 6pm)
- Replenish fruit water (as needed through 6pm)
- Work with the facilities and maintenance team to achieve excellence in the delivery of services to Members
- Maintain staircase throughout the building including emergency stairwells
- Attend service related emergencies
- Oncall for building staff during work hours
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures relating to performance of tasks and/or use of supplies
- Other duties as assigned
- Attend preevent meetings
- Set up preevent
- Break down postevent
- Post-event analysis
- Conduct daily building walkthroughs for quality control assessment
- Dusting of high spots, light fixtures, design fixtures, ductwork, HVAC dampers, furniture vacuuming, sanitation and stain removal
- MIMO’s: Prepare private offices desks/ desk lamps/ bookcases/ chairs/ pods
- Proven Team Player ability to work with a team and achieve daily and monthly goals
- Selfstarter able to identify work that needs to be done and does it without required instruction
- Courteous and professional able to perform tasks at hand when Members are onsite
- Detail oriented pays attention to details regarding processes and extra attention to special requests
- Ability to solve practical problems using reasoning skills
- Desire to learn and seek new challenges
- High School Diploma or equivalent job experience
- Ability to communicate in English
- Ability to work with a large, diverse group of employees and suppliers
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs
Critical Competencies for Success
- You do what you love!
- Credibility is earned at WeWork through execution and getting things done.
- You are able to get into the details and deliver results under highest expectations on time and quality.
- Be ready to get hands-on with all aspects of the daily needs. The buck stops with you.
- Pragmatism and outcomes orientation are valued and lead to wins.
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You have the flexibility to think outside the box.
- We don't do everything the traditional way, and are always looking to innovate and push the envelope.
- You have the ability to foresee and identify needs of the team.
- You take an innovator and creator’s approach to any issues that may arise.
- There is no room for “I” at WeWork. Every role and individual is in the organization to serve We.
- Builds trust across the organization by being a good listener and inclusively soliciting input.
- You are open to new and innovative solutions.
- You must present well and communicate clearly and effectively to upper management and internal departments.
- You’re willing to adjust course when appropriate new ideas or objections are raised.
- You love working with people!
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than tens of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.
Back to top