About the role
WeWork is looking for a talented and passionate Community Manager. This full time position is based in Mexico City, MX, and will report directly to the Community Lead. Our team adds a personal touch to each of our buildings and we’re committed to empowering our members in every way. We keep our buildings full of amazing small businesses and entrepreneurs by making inspiring first impressions with everyone we meet. We’re the heart and soul of the WeWork experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
● Assist with building operations and maintenance to ensure highest level of member experience,
- Acting on assigned tickets in Zendesk
- Helping members access conference room equipment
- Troubleshooting printing, internet, and phone requests
- Conducting building walkthroughs
● Generate leads and conduct tours to reach sales goals and work towards/maintain 100%
● Work on community initiatives designed to develop connections between members, including
member introductions, curating events, and event follow-ups
● Assist Community Managers with expense management
● Assist members with billing and manage reservations through in-house billing system, checking
invoices, and managing late fees and evictions
● Schedule and assist with move ins and move outs, preparing, and distributing welcome packets
● Engage in the larger city community by attending events and networking with local start-ups
● Help report daily, weekly and monthly progress of your building and community
Experience and Requirements
- College graduate with a four year degree
- Customer service and/or sales experience required
- Business operations and/or project management experience a plus
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills
- Demonstrate integrity, dependability, responsibility, accountability, self-awareness, work ethic, and empathy
- Passion and understanding for entrepreneurial communities
- Passion and understanding for WeWork mission and values
- Proficient in basic computer skills
Goals and Objectives
Support the Community Management team to achieve the following:
o Create a collaborative community environment amongst our members through events
and building relationships between members
o Maintain 100% occupancy and achieve target sales goals
o Ensure that building is fully operational and processes are running smoothly
o Drive growth and promotion of WeWork-provided service offerings
Critical Competencies for Success
- You do what you love!
- Credibility is earned at WeWork through execution and getting things done.
- You are able to get into the details and deliver results under highest expectations on time and quality.
- Be ready to get hands-on with all aspects of the daily needs. The buck stops with you.
- Pragmatism and outcomes orientation are valued and lead to wins.
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You have the flexibility to think outside the box.
- We don't do everything the traditional way, and are always looking to innovate and push the envelope.
- You have the ability to foresee and identify needs of the team.
- You take an innovator and creator’s approach to any issues that may arise.
- There is no room for “I” at WeWork. Every role and individual is in the organization to serve We.
- Builds trust across the organization by being a good listener and inclusively soliciting input.
- You are open to new and innovative solutions.
- You must present well and communicate clearly and effectively to upper management and internal departments.
- You’re willing to adjust course when appropriate new ideas or objections are raised.
- You love working with people!
WeWork is the community of creators. We provide the space, community and services our members need to create their life's work. WeWork’s mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living.
We’re a group of entrepreneurial, grateful individuals who instill the idea of working better together in everything that we do. Our success is the result of our collaboration: talented and outstanding team members who always challenge convention. We have over 50,000 members in our community that spans cities around the world.
We transform buildings into beautiful, collaborative workspaces and provide infrastructure, services, events and technology so our members can focus on doing what they love. Our members thrive in communities online. Our ability to aggregate their needs enables us to offer them a variety of support services at a value that would otherwise be unavailable to them. We always go the extra mile to help them in their effort to build sustainable businesses and successful lives.
Our hunger for building great spaces, empowering small businesses and connecting interesting people hasn’t yet begun to be satisfied. We are just getting started.
Our values guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things; we challenge convention; and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. Be persistent and knock down walls – literally if you have to. You have our permission.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We have empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.
Back to top