Goals & Objectives
- Illustrate WeWork’s core values and strive to achieve our mission. Lead the Community Management team to achieve the following:
- Creation of a collaborative environment amongst our members through events and personal introductions
- Maintenance of 100% occupancy by achieving sales goals, and managing churn
- Ensuring that building is fully operational and processes are running smoothly
- Driving growth and promotion of WeWork-provided service offerings
- Maintaining company standards and expectations
- Managing building KPI’s
Duties & Responsibilities
Community Management & Events
- Manage all building operations and communicate with market support to ensure highest level of member satisfaction
- Develop community initiatives designed to create connections between members, including member introductions, overseeing events, electronic and print communications, and building walkthroughs
- Solve member-related issues to ensure a cohesive community and manage member expectations
- Meet with members to resolve issues, process member terminations and other issues of complexity
- Oversee events to ensure there is a good balance of educational, member appreciation, and lead generating and sales-related events and to review for adequate procedural safeguards for the protection of members and company assets
- Proactively gather data on members’ business objectives and identify both WeWork and member services that could help members achieve their objectives
- Seek opportunities to engage members to discover and discuss members’ objectives, i.e. using member service request as an opportunity to learn more about member, member’s business and any other needs member may have
- Identify opportunities and act on them to connect members
- Design and implement rules, guidelines and best practices for the community to optimize member experience
- Recommend best practices, including but not limited to: community management, sales, events, training, and member experience on a company-wide level
- Exercise discretion in guiding prospective members, including possibly gatekeeping where business may not be in the interests of greater community
- Resolve member complaints regarding other members through neutral fact investigation and process termination of membership when warranted
- Explain WeWork policies and procedures to members, including but not limited to: membership agreement and billing procedures
- Take responsibility for sales and community dynamics
- Conduct tours to work towards and maintain 100% building occupancy when Community Leads are unavailable
- Lead tours for VIPs, i.e. guests of WeWork
- Engage in the larger community of the market by attending events and networking with local start-ups and organizations
- Manage and maintain relationships with vendors and landlords
- Make recommendations to Physical Product and Head of Community and Operations on any repairs, maintenance, or updates required in your building
- Analyze tickets by area to identify and resolve issues presented, i.e. insufficient cleaning staff, repeating IT-related failures, malfunctioning conference room equipment, etc.
- Set priorities using ticket data and clearly communicate adjustments to team
- Produce comprehensive quality control reports that allow all stakeholders to improve member experience
- Review all base building documents to ensure the data is updated and accurate
- Supervise move-ins and move-outs for quality experience
- Review daily reports and work with team to finalize weekly and monthly reports that outline community and sales progress
- Expense management for the building
- Know and be able to implement member safety plans, i.e. fire and emergency plans
- Manage a team within a building to reach sales goals and execute on their objectives as an individual and a team
- Lead professional development within team and make recommendations to promote current employees
- Perform weekly one-on-one meetings to track individual performance
- Oversee and keep team up to date with process changes
- Oversee team including performance management reviews
Experience & Requirements
- College graduate with a four-year degree
- Customer service and sales experience required
- Project management and business operations experience required
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Cold-outreach experience a plus
- Understanding and experience managing a team of more than two people
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills
- Demonstrate integrity, dependability, responsibility, accountability, self-awareness, work ethic, and empathy
- Passion and understanding for entrepreneurial communities
- Passion and understanding for WeWork’s mission and values
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than tens of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.
Back to top