Community Lead - Nights + Weekends
About the Role
WeWork is looking for a talented and passionate Community Lead for our first WeLive location. This full time position is based in New York City and will report directly to the Community Manager. Our team adds a personal touch to each of our buildings and we’re committed to empowering our members in every way. We keep our buildings full of amazing small businesses, entrepreneurs and individuals looking to experience the future of urban living. We’re the heart and soul of the WeWork and WeLive experience, and this Community Lead will be the heart and soul of our late night and weekend programing.
Goals & Objectives
Support the Community Management team to achieve the following:
- Create a collaborative community environment amongst our members through events and building relationships between members
- Maintain 100% occupancy and achieve target sales goals
- Ensure that building is fully operational and processes are running smoothly
- Generate a unique, comfortable and exciting living environment for our WeLive members
- Provide exceptional hospitable to service to all members, guests and visitors
- Positively encourage members to take pride in their home and follow our community guidelines
- Proactively fill out short stay rooms with nightly reservations
- Monitor nearby hotel rates to keep WeLive short stay competitive
Duties and Responsibilities
Assist with building operations and maintenance to ensure highest level of member experience, including:
- Acting on assigned tickets in Zendesk
- Helping members access conference room equipment
- Troubleshooting printing, internet, and phone requests
- Conducting building walkthroughs
- Generate leads and conduct tours to reach sales goals and work towards/maintain 100% building occupancy
- Work on community initiatives designed to develop connections between members, including member introductions, curating events, and event follow-ups
- Manage our weekend programing for WeLive by creating unique events
- Assist Community Managers with expense management
- Assist members with billing and manage reservations through in-house billing system, checking invoices, and managing late fees and evictions
- Schedule and assist with move ins and move outs, preparing, and distributing welcome packets
- Engage in the larger city community by attending events and networking with local start-ups and organizations
- Help report daily, weekly and monthly progress of your building and community
- Train Community Associates in proper process for short stay check-in, reservation protocol and front desk etiquette
Experience and Requirements
- College graduate with a four year degree
- Customer service and/or hospitality experience required
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills
- Demonstrate integrity, dependability, responsibility, accountability, self-awareness, work ethic, and empathy
- Passion and understanding for entrepreneurial communities
- Passion and understanding for WeWork mission and values
- Passion and understanding for WeLive's mission to change the way people's homes and lives
- Proficient in Basic Computer Skills
Expected Workshift: Monday 8a - 8p, Friday/Saturday 3 - 12:30a, Sunday 3 - 11p
Pick two days off between Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
Critical Competencies for Success
- You do what you love!
- Credibility is earned at WeWork through execution and getting things done.
- You are able to get into the details and deliver results under highest expectations on time and quality.
- Be ready to get hands-on with all aspects of the daily needs. The buck stops with you.
- Pragmatism and outcomes orientation are valued and lead to wins.
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You have the flexibility to think outside the box.
- We don't do everything the traditional way, and are always looking to innovate and push the envelope.
- You have the ability to foresee and identify needs of the team.
- You take an innovator and creator’s approach to any issues that may arise.
- There is no room for “I” at WeWork. Every role and individual is in the organization to serve We.
- Builds trust across the organization by being a good listener and inclusively soliciting input.
- You are open to new and innovative solutions.
- You must present well and communicate clearly and effectively to upper management and internal departments.
- You’re willing to adjust course when appropriate new ideas or objections are raised.
- You love working with people!
WeLive is a new way of living built upon community, flexibility, and a fundamental belief that we are only as good as the people we surround ourselves with. We know life is better when we are part of a community that believes in something larger than itself.
From mailrooms and laundry rooms that double as bars and event spaces to communal kitchens, roof decks, and hot tubs, WeLive challenges traditional apartment living through physical spaces that foster meaningful relationships. Whether for a day, a week, a month, or a year, by joining WeLive - you’ll be psyched to be alive."
Back to top