Community Lead in Nagoya
About the Role
- Community Leads are integral to the member experience, sales performance and operational excellence of our WeWork locations.
- Each Community Lead has a specialty majoring in either Sales, Hospitality or Operations, minoring in the other two disciplines.
- Alongside other Community Leads and Community Associates, you will support the Community Manager of the location to enable our members to create their life's work.
- In this role, your primary focus will be Operations, while minoring in Sales and Hospitality. You will be measured on your ability to maintain operational excellence in line with weekly and monthly building health targets, supported by Facilities Leads overseeing a Portfolio of WeWork locations.
- Our Growth Through Achievement learning platform will continually equip you with the skills and training to carry out your responsibilities.
- Enforce a level of uncompromising cleanliness, including management of the team of Community Service Associates at your location to ensure cleaning and pantry responsibilities are executed daily to the highest standard
- Ensure Zendesk tickets and maintenance projects are being resolved in a timely manner to ensure the highest level of member experience
- Conduct quality control walkthroughs to address immediate issues, pre-empt potential future issues and identify areas for improvement when required
- Address day-to-day landlord issues including coordinating and managing building access as necessary
- Manage food and beverage offerings to ensure the quality and presentation are aligned with WeWork's brand
- Oversee the daily ordering and receipt of product from vendors
- Prepare building expense reports and budgets for Community Management review
- Organize the move-in and move-out schedules to minimize member issues
- Conduct periodic review and revision of base building documents
- Support the Community Manager in making strategic decisions regarding the operational and financial performance and process optimization of the location
- Train Community Associates and other Community Leads at your location to conduct walkthroughs and prepare reports for those occasions when you are not able to do so
- Support the touring of new members when required
- Support the research of prospective members in the tour pipeline and support follow-up and closing requirements when required
- Connect with local organizations and attend networking events to promote WeWork's community and identify potential members
- Support the referral of prospective or existing members to other locations when required
- Develop relationships with members and proactively gather information on their needs to identify both WeWork and member services that could help them achieve their goals
- Identify and execute opportunities to connect members with each other
- Support the planning and supervision of educational, professional and personal development events based on members' needs and requests
- Ensure a gracious arrival experience for all members, prospective members and guests of members while maintaining the necessary level of building security
- Recommend best practices to your Community Manager for the benefit of the broader company related to member experience, sales, hospitality, operations, events and training
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- 2+ years experience in operations, ideally in hospitality or retail (ideally in addition to prior events and/or sales experience)
- Fluent local language and understanding of local culture required
- Experience managing individual contributors required
- Financial literacy and business operations experience a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organization skills with the ability to multitask projects through from start to finish
- Passion and understanding for entrepreneurial communities
Critical Competencies for Success
- You do what you love!
- Credibility is earned at WeWork through execution and getting things done.
- You get into the details and deliver results under highest expectations on time and quality.
- Be ready to get hands-on with all aspects of the daily needs. The buck stops with you.
- Pragmatism and outcomes orientation are valued and lead to wins.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You have the flexibility to think outside the box.
- You have the ability to foresee and identify needs of the team.
- You take an innovator and creator's approach to any issues that may arise.
- There is no room for "I" at WeWork. Every role and individual is in the organization to serve We.
- Builds trust across the organization by being a good listener and inclusively soliciting input.
- You are open to new and innovative solutions.
- You must present well and communicate clearly and effectively to upper management and internal departments.
- You're willing to adjust course when appropriate new ideas or objections are raised.
- You love working with people!
Back to top