CNC Machine Operator
WeWork is seeking motivated people to join our storefront curtain wall production line in a brand-new facility in Edison, NJ. The CNC Machine Operator works in a manufacturing cell as part of a team of people and will be responsible for machining activities on one of our advance CNC aluminum machining centers. This person will inspect and load extruded aluminum profiles onto the machine, operate and monitor the machine for maximum quality and output, and inspect parts upon completion before entering them into inventory. This person will follow all safety procedures including the use of PPE and all Safety, Health, and Environmental policies. This position will require the operation of pneumatic air tools, hand tools, CNC Machining Centers, interaction with the shop floor computer system, reading product drawings and quality control of fabricated parts. This position will be required to log all production, quality, and non-conformance information. They will follow all maintenance procedures including daily cleaning and inspection of equipment.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Operate an advanced CNC machining center creating aluminum components for use in an assembly line
- Follow standard work procedures and maintain targeted production levels for a balanced production process
- Follow safety rules and always practice safe work habits
- Maintain a high standard of quality and follow proper procedures when a problem is found
- Timeliness is important! Arrive to work on time and ready to work
- Ask for help when it's needed!
- Provide feedback and improvement suggestions on current processes
- Solve problems as part of a team
- Follow the principles of lean production
- Follow total preventative maintenance program by completing daily maintenance and cleaning
- Communicate with the team in a professional, courteous manner
- Assist your coworkers when required and help improve the performance of the manufacturing cell
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 2-4 years of experience in a machine shop environment with hands-on experience operating cutting and/or milling machines.
- Willing to perform repetitive tasks while standing for extended periods of time.
- Ability to accurately perform arithmetic and cross-reference machine calculations
- Understanding of basic principles of machine speeds and feeds
- Ability to identify and correctly use common machining tools such as end mills, drills, face mills, taps, countersinks and saws.
- Associates Degree in CNC Programming, CNC Machining or Tool & Die Technology
- 5-10 years experience in CNC Machining and Programming
- Familiarity with mechanical upkeep of CNC and Milling equipment
- Experience with lean manufacturing principles
- Ability to correctly use machining tool-holders and to properly set up a CNC machine
- Strong attention to detail
- The ability to lift at least 50 lbs
- A professional and respectful demeanor
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand technical drawings and mechanical principles and to use a tape measure, caliper, or other QA/QC equipment to verify accuracy of work
- Must have good eyesight, including depth perception, peripheral vision, and ability to differentiate between colors, and have excellent hand-eye coordination
- Skilled with hand-tools and mechanical systems
Reports To: Assembly Supervisor
Direct Reports: (none)
Working Relationships: Assembly Technicians, CNC Machine Operators, Material Handlers
Back to top