Chief of Staff
About the Role:
WeWork is seeking a Chief of Staff, reporting directly to a Senior Executive. The Chief of Staff will act as the prime liaison and strategic advisor to the Executive and will support the global needs of WeWork’s rapidly growing business organization. The Chief of Staff will work closely with the executive in leading and executing strategic initiatives, projects, and deals, both internally and externally. He or she will have a strong background in business operations and management.
- Work in tandem with the executive to set, manage and execute quarterly and annual business goals
- Provide information and advice regarding key strategic issues
- Act as primary liaison and communicator for internal initiatives
- Provide counsel and support to executive for external engagements
- Collaborate with administrative and executive team to plan and lead internal meetings, all hands and operational initiatives
- Advise on confidential projects involving sensitive business and financial information
- Ensure deliverables are actioned within deadlines
- Oversee and manage a wide variety of highly prioritized projects, as well as complete ad-hoc projects, requests, and analysis for a variety of investment related requests
- Provide organizational support, helping to ensure action items, deadlines, and deliverables are completed
- Strong background in finance, management consulting and/or law
- Knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style
- Strong ability to coach and develop staff
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and resolve conflict
- Proven success in organization development and growth
- High level of professional maturity and integrity and a solid work ethic
- Possess high analytical skills, be able to see patterns, be a fast thinker and a good decision maker
- Ability to maintain company confidentiality in all aspects of the position
Critical Competencies for Success
- You do what you love!
- Credibility is earned at WeWork through execution and getting things done.
- You are able to get into the details and deliver results under highest expectations on time and quality.
- Be ready to get hands-on with all aspects of the daily needs. The buck stops with you.
- Pragmatism and outcomes orientation are valued and lead to wins.
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You have the flexibility to think outside the box.
- We don't do everything the traditional way, and are always looking to innovate and push the envelope.
- You have the ability to foresee and identify needs of the team.
- You take an innovator and creator’s approach to any issues that may arise.
- There is no room for “I” at WeWork. Every role and individual is in the organization to serve We.
- Builds trust across the organization by being a good listener and inclusively soliciting input.
- You are open to new and innovative solutions.
- You must present well and communicate clearly and effectively to upper management and internal departments.
- You’re willing to adjust course when appropriate new ideas or objections are raised.
- You love working with people!
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than tens of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.
Back to top