Building Information Specialist
About the Role
We are currently seeking a Building Information Specialist who is familiar with all phases of the Building process from Schematic design through the Construction Administration & Facilities Management. This is a great opportunity for someone looking for wider access to the making and maintaining of facilities over time with the hunger to create amazing spaces, revolutionize the definition of workspace through innovative, and smarter delivery process. As a Building Information Specialist you will be involved in projects from start to finish with Team Leads in Architecture, Interior Design, Construction, Logistics, & Operations.
- Understand continuous improvement initiatives and implementation best practices within project teams
- Insures that all internal and external stakeholders have the most accurate project data
- Identify process issues that affect project teams and surface to Building Intelligence Department
- Insure accuracy and consistency of project data stored within all systems
- Improve and empower others to innovate through coaching, process development, and automation
- Substantial involvement during project start-up and schematic design based on WeWork design standards
- Substantial involvement during documentation to ensure we are receiving accurate data from Consultant models
- Substantial involvement during closeout to insure project information is accurate and packaged for use by downstream users (Ops, Community, Digital)
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management
- 3-5 years of experience in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Industry
- Ability to drive a project’s BIM deliverable from inception to completion
- Expertise with Revit, Rhino, & Graphical Programming is essential
- Coding experience a plus but not required
- Solid understanding of project delivery and construction methods relevant to the country of work
- Impeccable and concise communication and presentation skills, verbal and written
- Highly resourceful problem solver and quick learner with demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines while managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Excels under pressure and can maintain a calm demeanor at all times
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively in a fast-paced environment
Who You Are:
- Creative, hungry, and ready to roll your sleeves up to get the work done
- Passionate about collaborating and putting out the absolute best work
- Great at managing productivity and your own projects
- Great sense of humor
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than tens of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.
Back to top