Audio Visual Support Specialist
Department Goals & Objectives
- To support WeWork expansion through close integration with internal teams
- To plan, strategize, configure and deliver outstanding Support and Services for our Members and location based Member Teams
- To exceed Member expectations in the delivery of the core Audio Visual components of our Memberships
- To identify and delivery additional revenue opportunities for WeWork through the sale, installation and support of Audio Visual services
- To plan, deliver and support world class Audio Visual experiences at WeWork events
About the Role
The Audio Visual Support Specialist will be responsible for the provision of AV services to our Members and Team Members within their designated WeWork regions, including providing ongoing guidance and education to other team members, installing and generally supporting AV equipment, and supervising vendors in the design and installation of WeWork’s Audio Visual system. The ideal candidate should perform well under pressure, enjoy using their specialized skills and knowledge to continuously improve audio visual experiences (including actively seeking feedback from WeWork team members and external clients to improve our systems and processes), and aspire to be part of a high performing global team.
Position Goals & Objectives
- To establish and support the hardware and software standard required for AV services in your assigned region.
- To put plans in place to deliver against Service Level Agreements (SLA) concerning AV infrastructure services to all members
- To coordinate with Community and Operations department to disseminate information regarding AV infrastructure
- To train and educate members from other teams in the effective use of AV equipment
- Run AV services at events that lead to additional revenues to WeWork for those services.
- Design and provide ongoing education, training and guidance to Member Technology Specialists for Level 2 support for all company AV systems
- Directly provide Level 3 support for internal and member-facing AV systems, including Crestron equipment and 70V audio systems.
- Direct and supervise vendors in design and installation to enforce WeWork AV standards
- Configure AV hardware and systems in coordination with team members from Member Technology, Network Engineering, and Logistics, as well as external contractors, for successful new location openings
- Actively participate in improving existing AV standards, including through directly feedback as well the coordination of indirect feedback o the Director and Manager of Audio Visual services, as well as the Member Technology and Network Engineering teams
- Create, improve and execute on technology and service plans by, among other things, soliciting requirements from Events and Community team members, as well as external clients, for WeWork events and supervising vendor execution
- Solicit feedback on events processes and technology with the goal of continuously improving the overall experience
- Provide on-site “hot seat” technology operation for events
- Research and develop new AV solutions in coordination with other members of the Audio Visual team
- Measure availability and reliability of AV infrastructure and systems against established metrics
- Participate in the planning of complex Events ensuring that, where possible, we charge for use of WeWork equipment and for the resources needed to staff the Event.
- 3-5 years experience in audio visual services, with a focus on audio engineering
- Experience in general IT support and familiarity with networking concepts
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions (including in emergency situations)
- Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language
- Ready to work independently as part of a globally distributed team
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Proven analytical and problem solving abilities
- Strong customer service orientation
- Experience working in a high performance team and highly collaborative environment
Critical Competencies for Success
- You do what you love!
- Credibility is earned at WeWork through execution and getting things done.
- You are able to get into the details and deliver results under highest expectations on time and quality.
- Be ready to get hands-on with all aspects of the daily needs. The buck stops with you.
- Pragmatism and outcomes orientation are valued and lead to wins.
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You have the flexibility to think outside the box.
- We don't do everything the traditional way, and are always looking to innovate and push the envelope.
- You have the ability to foresee and identify needs of the team.
- You take an innovator and creator’s approach to any issues that may arise.
- There is no room for “I” at WeWork. Every role and individual is in the organization to serve We.
- Builds trust across the organization by being a good listener and inclusively soliciting input.
- You are open to new and innovative solutions.
- You must present well and communicate clearly and effectively to upper management and internal departments.
- You’re willing to adjust course when appropriate new ideas or objections are raised.
- You love working with people!
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than tens of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.
Back to top