Associate Manager of Security Technology
The AMST works directly with the Manager of Security Technology (MST) to deploy, operate and maintain standardized physical security programs and electronic security systems across the fleet. The AMST will support the future opening of new facilities and expansion of existing facilities, across the WeWork global enterprise. The AMST ensures that all security installations and operations are carried out in accordance with the WeWork Security Basis of Design (BoD) and industry best practice.
The AMST is responsible for the administration, maintenance and improvement of the access control and video surveillance systems and internal integrated platforms across the global security enterprise. The AMST will enforce and refine the Global Security Team’s (GST’s) standards, policies and strategic objectives. The AMST will be a subject matter expert on the WeWork Security BoD to enhance the GST’s ability to protect business operations, increase readiness and compliance. The AMST will enable the GST to carry out its core mission statement which is to secure and safeguard the WeWork community's passion to succeed while doing what they love.
- Acts as subject matter expert to the Regional Security Managers (RSM’s) and Regional Security Technicians (RST’s) in the areas of physical security design, implementation, operations and sustainment.
- Design, implement and manage the Global Security Technology Dashboard in order to provide senior leadership real-time security technology updates and status.
- Supports future access control and design for WeLive products.
- Works with Manager of Security Technology to research, design and implement WeWork’s access control systems of the future.
- Concentrate on future operations with respect to building openings and programming.
- Coordinate with RSM’s and RST’s to evaluate performance, develop processes and procedures to minimize risks of the physical and technical posture of the site.
- Develop and manage corrective actions to update the Building Opening process for increased effectiveness and efficiency.
- Identify areas of improvement and updated requirements to the WeWork Security BoD.
- Track changes and coordinate effective release of updated BoD to relevant departments.
- Act as a liaison with all WeWork teams to ensure a positive member experience by ensuring security technology are functioning and calibrated to industry best practices.
- Directs external relationships to ensure the viability of the security systems, with the goal of minimal business disruption as the result of failed or improperly configured systems.
- Responds to emergency security situations as part of a general GST response or during crisis management activities, 24 hours a day.
- Coordinates security administrative and operational matters with management and other stakeholders to ensure continuity of operations.
- Manages the activities, related to security systems, and provides leadership direction to the professional, technical and support staff within the organization unit.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of the state-of-the-art security equipment standards and technology encompassing all physical security products.
- Prepares documentation and reports for the purpose of documenting compliance, understanding security systems’ performance and sustainment.
The successful applicant will:
- Be a self-starter - WeWork’s GST is a dynamic team securing a creative and dynamic culture.
- Be a valued GST member and team player.
- Be an innovative and creative security professional by nature.
- Be a confident briefer able to influence senior executives and multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrate a high-level of attention to detail.
- Be able to multitask across multiple platforms, departments, time zones, and cultures when necessary.
- Be able to liaise with external safety and security organizations in a professional manner.
- Maintain the highest professional standards within the WeWork message and concept.
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than tens of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.
Back to top