Associate Community Manager
About the role
WeWork is looking for a talented and passionate Associate Community Manager. This full time position is based in Queens, NY and will report directly to the Community Manager. Our team adds a personal touch to each of our buildings and we’re committed to empowering our members in every way. We keep our buildings full of amazing small businesses and entrepreneurs by making inspiring first impressions with everyone we meet. We’re the heart and soul of the WeWork experience.
Goals and Objectives
Support the Community Management team to achieve the following:
o Create a collaborative community environment amongst our members through events
and building relationships between members
o Maintain 100% occupancy and achieve target sales goals
o Ensure that building is fully operational and processes are running smoothly
o Drive growth and promotion of WeWork-provided service offerings
Duties and Responsibilities
● Assist with building operations and maintenance to ensure highest level of member experience,
- Acting on assigned tickets in Zendesk
- Helping members access conference room equipment
- Troubleshooting printing, internet, and phone requests
- Conducting building walkthroughs
● Generate leads and conduct tours to reach sales goals and work towards/maintain 100%
● Work on community initiatives designed to develop connections between members, including
member introductions, curating events, and event follow-ups
● Assist Community Managers with expense management
● Assist members with billing and manage reservations through in-house billing system, checking
invoices, and managing late fees and evictions
● Schedule and assist with move ins and move outs, preparing, and distributing welcome packets
● Engage in the larger city community by attending events and networking with local start-ups
● Help report daily, weekly and monthly progress of your building and community
Experience and Requirements
- College graduate with a four year degree
- Customer service and/or sales experience required
- Business operations and/or project management experience a plus
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills
- Demonstrate integrity, dependability, responsibility, accountability, self-awareness, work ethic, and empathy
- Passion and understanding for entrepreneurial communities
- Passion and understanding for WeWork mission and values
- Proficient in Basic Computer Skills
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than 40,000 members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.
Back to top