POSITION: Application Specialist
Reporting to: Business Process Engineer
Position Goals & Objectives
This position is a great opportunity for an entrepreneurially-minded person who enjoys making a difference in a start-up company. The Application Specialist is responsible for Atlassian application configuration management and support which drives to WeWork Corporate intranet, along with other enterprise Saas applications used by WeWork. The candidate must be organized and analytical, adept at working in a team environment, able to follow a project schedule, have a continuous improvement mindset and be capable of handling multiple priorities concurrently. We are looking for candidates who are excellent communicators, as well as analytical, self-starting, energetic and organized. He or she will also be capable of dealing with ambiguity and rapidly-changing priorities, with a strong desire to take on more responsibility as they grow.
The Application Specialist is responsible for working with business process engineers and various stakeholders to design, configure and support the Atlassian suite of products including including Jira, Confluence and Service Desk and many popular add-ons including ThemePress and TestRail. This team member will work collaboratively with other WeWork team members to also learn new Atlassian and other SaaS vendor applications, lead and drive solutions for the team and create a productive internal user groups.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage client engagements Understand and assess client processes and needs to implement, configure and optimize JIRA client usage
- Install, patch, optimize and professionally configure JIRA collaboration instance using standards and best practices
- Provide training to technical and non-technical teams to use JIRA and associated tools
- Configure, compile, refine and maintain JIRA dashboards and reporting
- Research, install, troubleshoot JIRA add-ons
- Troubleshooting and fixing errors common to JIRA Applications and Application servers
- Administer JIRA instances on a day to day Manage user permissions to projects Research and implement Atlassian best practices
- Implement agile workflows through JIRA
- Perform a variety of JIRA related administrative support requests for the internal development team.
- Actively develop and improve JIRA skill set by keeping aware of JIRA industry trends, tools, and techniques.
- Perform issue reporting, research, analysis, confirmation and support resolution on assigned projects.
- Assist in collaborating work across disciplines within the internal/external development team to help drive projects to completion.
- Assist in diagnosing errors and breakdowns in the development pipeline and perform technical support as needed.
- Understand needs and create custom workflows
- Must be willing to provide application configuration and support on other corporate SasS tools including Agiloft, Blueprint, and Docusign.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum 2 years supporting Atlassian products
- Minimum 5 years supporting Saas software solutions for corporate technology
- JIRA implementation and optimization
- JIRA design and analytical skills
- Working and training in an agile environment
- Familiarity with Scrum, Kanban, Lean or other agile methodologies
- Ability to create complex JIRA workflows including project workflows, security schemes, screen schemes, JIRA vocabulary, permission and notification schemes
- Fluency in Confluence including security, spaces, basic design, integration with JIRA
- High-level knowledge of Atlassian Dev Tools and a keen desire to gain deeper knowledge through self-paced learning, collaboration, and hands-on experience
- Proficiency with Atlassian tool suite
- Excellent problem-solving skills, process implementation
- Experience with hosted environments and remotely collocated systems
- Experience deploying and customizing Confluence, JIRA, and other Atlassian products
- Experience administering and customizing JIRA projects, experience performing migrations
- Experience training users administrators using wikis, technical documentation, use cases, process flows and test cases
- Add-ons and integrations including ThemePress,TestRail and Zendesk
- Experience with enterprise level Saas Applications including Workday and/or Google is preferred
Critical Competencies for Success
- You do what you love!
- Credibility is earned at WeWork through execution and getting things done.
- You are able to get into the details and deliver results under highest expectations on time and quality.
- Be ready to get hands-on with all aspects of the daily needs. The buck stops with you.
- Pragmatism and outcomes orientation are valued and lead to wins.
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You have the flexibility to think outside the box.
- We don't do everything the traditional way, and are always looking to innovate and push the envelope.
- You have the ability to foresee and identify needs of the team.
- You take an innovator and creator’s approach to any issues that may arise.
- There is no room for “I” at WeWork. Every role and individual is in the organization to serve We.
- Builds trust across the organization by being a good listener and inclusively soliciting input.
- You are open to new and innovative solutions.
- You must present well and communicate clearly and effectively to upper management and internal departments.
- You’re willing to adjust course when appropriate new ideas or objections are raised.
- You love working with people!
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than tens of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.
Back to top