About the Role
WeWork is hiring a top-tier Android engineer to work on the WeWork Android mobile app that connects our members both socially and professionally. For a passionate and motivated engineer, this is an exciting opportunity to join a new team establishing best practices and standards. We are overhauling the current member experience to better connect our members with our spaces (think Internet of things) and each other to help them connect, grow, and ultimately be more successful. This is a senior position focused on technical leadership as WeWork continues to scale and mature as a software engineering organization.
About the Mission
The Member Experience mission is responsible for delivering technology that builds intelligent environments and connected, consciously-engineered communities for every space in the world. Our team is interested in increasing lifetime value, satisfaction productivity, and building engaging community models in smart environments. We create delightful experiences that encourage connection and community.
- You'll contribute to the development of our Android apps with the goal of making our members more successful.
- You can implement native user interfaces using the latest Android programming techniques.
- Use knowledge of Android development to help guide design and engineering decisions.
- You'll work with product managers, designers and full-stack engineers to help shape the vision of our mobile and desktop products.
- Take on important engineering, scaling and performance issues.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- You'll work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- 5+ years of proven work experience in Android app development.
- Deep understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
- Understanding of Android platform communication primitives and their security properties (i.e. services, content providers, broadcast receivers, binders)
WeWork Technology is bridging the gap between physical and digital platforms, providing a delightful, flawless & powerful experience for members and employees. We build software and hardware that enables our members to connect with each other and the space around them like never before.
We augment our community and culture teams through the tools we build. We believe there's a macro shift toward a new way of working-one focused on a movement towards meaning and purpose. WeWork Technology is proud to be shaping this movement.
We are a team of passionate, fearless and collaborative problem-solvers distributed globally with one goal in mind - to humanize technology across the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top