Accounting, SoX Associate
About the Role:
Reporting to the Manager of SOX, the Associate, SOX/ Internal Controls will play an integral role in maintaining and supporting the integrity and effectiveness of the Company's control involvement. For this role, we are looking for a proactive self-starter who enjoys working in a challenging and fast-paced environment. Communication skills, attention to detail, and an objective approach to learning and problem-solving is a must.
- Execute all phases of the Company's ongoing SOX compliance efforts from planning through reporting.
- Assisting in company-wide and business process-specific risk assessments to evaluate and address any impact the results may have on the control environment.
- Assist in the design and implementation of efficient and effective controls in all departments across within organization.
- Validating that documentation of the control environment (e.g., process flows, control matrices, narratives) are kept current.
- Conducting periodic meetings/walkthroughs with process owners to ensure any changes to process are updated and properly assessed for control gaps.
- Helping develop and execute the annual test plan for evaluating key controls for operating effectiveness. Development will include setting the timing of when testing will be performed during the year, determining a sampling approach, designing test plans, and establishing effective protocol for the evaluation, resolution, and escalation of any exceptions. Execution will include testing, reviewing work papers, and promptly facilitating the remediation of any exceptions with process owners in a timely manner.
- Staying current to changes in regulatory guidance, industry best practices, and areas of focus/hot topics for external audits.
- Actively building and managing relationships with Company stakeholders, while promoting the importance of compliance initiatives throughout the organization.
- Supporting process owners through training, reviewing, and providing guidance for their processes.
- Supporting the Director of Internal Controls/SOXin reporting status and results to Management.
- Supporting the Global Controller by being a point of contact for our external auditors for any control-related matters relevant to their audit procedures.
- Participate in other compliance initiatives and/or internal audit-related functions the Company may engage.
- 1-3 years of public accounting experience (Big 4 Preferred)
- CPA or CA preferred
- Knowledge and experience in applying audit principles/standards and SOX guidance (real estate or construction a plus)
- Strong documentation skills, ability to complete process narratives and flowcharts
- Strong attention to detail, problem-solving skills, organizational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills (oral and written), as candidate must be able to work and communicate with individuals at all levels across the organization
- Extremely proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with GRC platforms (AuditBoard a plus)
Back to top