Account Manager, Referrals & Partnerships
About the Role:
The Account Manager is responsible for the account management and partner relations surrounding channel partners who refer new members to WeWork, specifically Affiliate Partners. Affiliates encompass Venture Capital firms, accelerators, incubators, and current partners of WeWork. S/he is responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders across the company and globe. This is an opportunity to join a new department and be an integral part in growing the team and channels.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with our channel partners (members, employees, brokers and affiliates) to support and enhance partnerships
- Negotiate key agreements
- Act as point of contact for key external and internal stakeholders
- Communicate information to internal and external partners
- Consistently maintain high levels of client-member satisfaction
- Creating reports on status of referral fee payments
- collecting information from Chartio, SalesForce, WeWork systems and the Broker Referral Dashboard to design reports, consolidating, and analyzing to provide a clear indication of funds released.
- Prepare various monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for management’s review as needed
- Ensure work processes in accordance with agreed, documented practices
- Complete and maintain accurate revenue forecasting in agreed format and frequency
- The role may include some travel
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Venture Capital or Accelerator experience preferred
- 2-3 years professional experience related to relationship / account management
- Ability to track a multitude of simultaneous projects
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Matured sense of tact and conflict resolution
- High level of personal credibility, customer relationship, networking and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage critical situations
- Proactive and driven to achieve team goals
- Proven track record of high level strategic skills
- Ability to work in a matrix organization and demonstrate team leadership skills
- Strategic thinking with analytical approach
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than tens of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.
Back to top