Senior Financial Analyst
WES is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst responsible for financial planning, analysis and projections for WES. The Senior Financial Analyst will forecast future revenues and expenditures, establish cost structures and determine capital budgeting for projects and new products.
This role will serve as a business partner and leader, building financial discipline within WES and help upgrade WES’s financial technology and reporting.
The Senior Financial Analyst will work closely with major stakeholders across the organization, including the Executive Director, and report into the CFO.
Duties included but not limited to:
- Determining cost of WES processes; analyzing data over time providing trends and forecasts; recommending areas of improvement.
- Working with Department Heads and Senior Management to build an annual budget for WES; analyzing actual results versus budget monitoring variances.
- Providing relevant and insightful financial reporting for Senior Management and Board to fully understand WES business and financial trends.
- Increasing productivity by developing automated accounting applications; coordinating information requirements.
- Monitoring WES’s investment portfolios; works with investment manager(s) to ensure maximum returns within WES’s policy guidelines.
- Helping with new product development by providing detailed financial analysis.
- Protecting operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintaining technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications.
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Possess an ability to lay out options to Senior Management in a cogent, objective manner and use influence skills as needed.
- Contribute strong problem-solving skills and a passion for process improvement.
- Be entrepreneurial in spirit with a focus on building out the job function.
- 5-7 years’ experience as a Financial Analyst.
- Undergraduate degree in Finance or MBA with concentration in Finance. CFA, FASC or equivalent certification desirable.
- Financial skills including financial planning, cost accounting, ROI analysis and statistical analysis.
- Working knowledge of Sage preferred.
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) effectively with Senior Management.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong team worker; collaborative.
- Strong work ethic, responsible and accountable.
- Experience advising and presenting to a Board of Trustees is highly desirable.
Meet Some of WES's Employees
Credential Examiner Team Lead - CANADA
Martin authenticates credential documents submitted by international applicants, verifying the details of those documents in the context of the educational systems of countries around the world.
Back to top