World Education Services is seeking a Product Manager to join the Product Management & Marketing team. The person in this role will work with cross-functional teams to manage several products throughout the product lifecycle. From defining product roadmaps, collaborating closely with the business, technology, and UX stakeholders on feature specifications, representing the voice of the user, and developing high-level go-to-market strategies, this person will play a crucial role in the way products are managed at WES.
Duties included but not limited to:
- Work closely with analytics, research and technology partners to ensure systems and programs are satisfying consumer needs and driving the business.
- Coordinate the effort to fully define strategies and implementation requirements.
- Drive business impact by contributing to design, testing/piloting, and launch efforts.
- Build business cases for product creation, evolution, and change.
- Identify, understand, and represents user needs in the development and evolution of products for the organization.
- Train stakeholders on new products and interfaces, including new features and customer experiences.
- Lead initiatives and partner with technology partners in development, testing, design, and content to build capabilities and features.
- Create product briefs to outline new features, target audiences, key benefits, and the underlying strategy for new feature development.
- Develop product roadmaps that communicate a vision internal stakeholders.
- Analyze and understand metrics and behaviors to drive better platform development decisions and understand user needs.
- Evaluate and communicate on key performance indicators – including usage, growth, and overall user engagement.
- Frame problems to explain why improvements are needed, how it fits and aligns to business strategy.
- Ensure all requirements are well written, and there is clear communication and coordination of requirements with impacted stakeholders.
- Communicate regularly with users and stakeholders to understand their challenges and ensure products and features are being developed with the user’s needs in mind.
- Promote products at conferences, tradeshows, and other events.
- Conduct research activities to anticipate changes in the product landscape.
- Manage P&L of each product. Make recommendations for on-going investment in product lifecycles and promotional strategies.
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Make sound decisions in spite of uncertainty and proactively anticipate and mitigate risks before they become roadblocks.
- Work collaboratively with technology partners in development, testing, design, and content to build capabilities and features.
- Be able to work collaboratively within a fast-paced, high-functioning team.
- Use research, direct customer observation, user feedback, and analytics to identify and improve products.
- Establish priorities aligned to business objectives and define key metrics to measure success or failure.
- Have the ability to dive deep in understanding the product, business, and the competitive landscape.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience in product and project management including experience leading cross functional initiatives and teams
- Background in software and/or e-commerce (digital or mobile) product management.
- Execution focused, owner mentality and willing to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary;
- Strategic thinker with entrepreneurial drive and passion.
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills, ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases.
- Teamwork and cross-functional leadership skills.
- Problem definition and solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills; i.e. effectively communicates with internal groups on ideas and resolves issues.
- Project management knowledge is preferred.
Back to top