Learning & Development Specialist
WES is looking for a strong and self-driven training professional to promote a culture of learning and development across the organization. This person will bring a minimum of 5 years of solid L&D experience to design and execute enterprise-wide strategies to promote employee development, employee engagement, career planning and growth, and employee performance. The incumbent will partner with business leaders and HR to deliver management programs, leadership development, other non-technical skills, and compliance training to employees across the organization.
Duties included but not limited to:
- Serving as the subject matter expert on learning and organizational development issues and assessing needs through research and consultation with the business.
- Leveraging business data, employee engagement surveys, direct employee feedback, and industry leading practices to influence WES’s learning and development strategy, career management programs and practices, leadership/management development initiatives, and employee learning experiences.
- Identifying, designing, and coordinating both internal and external learning and development solutions focused on building the leadership skills of emerging leaders, front-line supervisors, and managers.
- Developing high-quality innovative training solutions; including instructor-led courses, e-learning modules, and micro-learning options; incorporating a blended approach to delivery.
- Designing training materials that can be delivered to management and staff year over year, to both on-site staff and remote employees.
- Evaluating learning and leadership development programs to determine effectiveness and managing continuous improvement initiatives.
- Consulting with WES leaders to match external learning and development solutions to WES employee(s).
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Possess ATD CPLP Certification or equivalent.
- Have solid experience designing and delivering training programs for small to mid-sized organizations experiencing rapid growth and change.
- Be ready to assume more responsibility for the planning and management of L&D within an organization like WES.
- Have a background in implementing organizational effectiveness initiatives that promote employee engagement.
- Be technically savvy and proficient in various LMS, with the ability to oversee and use learning development software programs.
- Experience in organizational development and/or organizational performance consulting desirable.
- Bachelor's degree in HR, Industrial and Organizational Psychology, or a related field
- 5+ years’ of general L&D experience; 3+ years’ experience designing and delivering management and leadership development solutions.
- Interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to collaborate with top management and influence team members.
- Solid consulting, coaching and development skills.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Strong classroom management and facilitation skills and webinar delivery skills.
- Applied knowledge of adult learning theories, instructional design methodologies and instructional delivery techniques.
- Experience with blended learning techniques (e-learning, instructor led, etc.)
- Team player, collaborator, and contributor – must be willing to be hands-on.
- Must be passionate and committed to the WES Mission.
Back to top