Under the direction of the Sr. Knowledge Analyst Manager, the Knowledge Analyst (KA) assists with research on foreign education systems to accurately maintain and expand all WES data. This individual resolves simple reactive issues as assigned, and researches foreign institutional addresses and verification contact information (VDRs). The KA monitors outstanding requests made to foreign institutions and periodically tracks verification status of applicant files.
Vietnamese language skills are preferred but not required.
Duties included but not limited to:
- Responding to reactive issues and questions from evaluation staff in an accurate and timely manner.
- Effectively conducting reviews of system data to maintain the accuracy and integrity of WES data and to facilitate the delivery of accurate information and products to WES stakeholders.
- Handling submissions for majors and requests for researching addresses to which to send VDRs.
- Communicating effectively with both internal and external stakeholders in a clear and positive tone that fosters good working relationships and outcomes.
- Ensuring research results are well-documented.
- Participating in weekly Issues and Practices meetings as well as weekly team meetings.
- Identifying international higher education areas of personal interest and conducting proactive research on emerging trends and issues.
- Monitoring outstanding Institutional Requests, on an as needed basis. Adhering to established research and project procedures and timelines.
- Work with Sr. Manager, Knowledge Analysis to define areas of interest for specialization and more in-depth research and refine and apply knowledge of WES evaluation policies in all stages of the evaluation process.
- Other duties as assigned, including participation in departmental and organizational projects.
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Have an interest in international education and be able to apply appropriate research methodologies.
- Can synthesize research information and critically vet sources to ensure that research is fact based.
- Effectively communicate with team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Be able to appropriately prioritize work, balancing file related activities, with project deadlines and independent research.
- Recommend changes to policies, methods for maintaining data, and items where more research would be beneficial to WES.
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities and timelines promptly and efficiently.
- Strong commitment to WES’ mission and values
- University degree.
- Relevant work experience, including experience researching and working with data.
- Working knowledge of languages in addition to English. Vietnamese proficiency is highly preferred.
- Broad knowledge of international systems of education.
- Works well independently, is self-motivated, and has strong attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high- pressure environment.
- Strong written/oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Can work with departmental and cross-departmental teams.
Back to top