Director of Instructional Design
The Director of Instructional Design will work with staff to build innovative learning programs and creative learning activities. The individual, utilizing strong instructional design principles, will create new training materials in both traditional and online learning formats and adapt existing trainings to e-learning modes. The director will oversee the maintenance of a training repository that includes training materials both in print and e-learning formats. This individual will consult with staff to determine learning needs and best delivery systems to meet those need as well determine assessment criteria and tools for measuring learner performance. Further, the director will participate in the advancing the usability of WES’ online training platform(s).
Duties included but not limited to:
• Advancing innovation in WES evaluation training approach and delivery.
• Overseeing the development and delivery of e-learning/online/computer-mediated instruction and resources.
• Designing and working with staff to create specific and compelling course content, accompanied by engaging learning activities offered in a variety of delivery modes.
• Working with staff to modularize WES evaluation core curricula to meet ‘just-in-time’ training needs and targeted topical learning events.
• Designing and delivering best practice workshops in e-learning delivery.
• Curating and maintaining evaluation-related training materials, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of content; including maintaining a repository of print, computer-mediated, digital and online trainings, materials and resources.
• Support staff in auditing and updating existing training content for accuracy and relevancy.
• Developing analytics to assess quality of training materials and delivery and implementing improvements.
• Developing criteria and analytics to assess trainee performance, both short-term (post-training) and long-term (three to six-months after training).
• Working with WES staff to develop and implement appropriate and effective knowledge-sharing and training events.
The Ideal Candidate will:
• Have experience working in an international training capacity, such as onboarding international students or training international employees.
• Possess years of training experience outside the classroom, as well as inside.
• Master’s degree and 3 years of related experience.
• Demonstrated training and instructional design experience utilizing e-learning modes and online platforms.
• Excellent facilitation, project management, written and oral communication skills.
• A positive attitude.
• Experience working on multi-functional teams.
Meet Some of WES's Employees
Credential Examiner - CANADA
Keerthiga authenticates academic credentials from international applicants, a role which involves researching the educational systems of countries around the world and adapting to ongoing changes.
Back to top