WM Trust Administrator 2 - Philanthropic Services East Team
Let’s talk about building a rewarding career
It starts with you. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people – those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a nationwide, diversified financial services company with $1.7 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 locations, more than 12,500 ATMs, online (wellsfargo.com), and mobile devices. Wells Fargo has more than 265,000 team members in 36 countries across our approximately 90 businesses. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 30 on Fortune’s 2015 rankings of America’s largest corporations. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. Wells Fargo perspectives are also available at Wells Fargo Blogs and Wells Fargo Stories.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) is one of the company’s four main divisions. WIM businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
With over $462 billion in client assets, including $70 billion deposits and $40 billion in loans, Wells Fargo’s Wealth Management (WM) division is one of the nation’s leading providers of financial services to affluent and high-net-worth clients. Investment & Fiduciary Services (IFS) is within WM and works with our clients to build, manage, preserve and transition their wealth. As one of the nation’s strongest financial institutions, we bring together a team of experienced professionals to gain insight into each client’s unique situation so that we may deliver specialized wealth solutions that best meet their needs and goals. Within IFS, we have 6 regional Trust Centers that support clients and field offices by providing trust administration, investment management, and fiduciary services.
The WM Trust Administrator 2 on the Philanthropic Services East Team provides specialized trust administration, specialized services and specialized risk management for all types of charitable trusts, agencies for charitable and tax exempt entities. Administer charitable remainder trusts, charitable lead trusts, perpetually charitable trusts classified as private foundation and supporting organizations, and charitable investment accounts in a centralized trust center environment. Provides fiduciary oversight and handles moderate complex issues regarding governing document interpretation, fiduciary risk and the client account in order to create, expand and service WM relationships while managing the risk of those accounts. Responsible for making sound fiduciary judgments and recommendations. Duties may include: setting up, administering, terminating and distributing complex philanthropic accounts of all types. Partners with relationship managers and sales specialists to develop new business, retain/expand current relationships and cross sell WM services. May communicate directly with clients, WF Partners and Centers of Influence as well as external resources i.e. accountants, attorneys, who are related to the clients’ accounts as part of day to day administration. Analyzes trust/financial information, reacts accordingly and reprioritizes as appropriate. May provide work direction.
- 3+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following industries: financial, trust, or legal; or 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following industries: financial, trust, or legal plus one of the following degrees or certifications: BA or higher in Trust & Wealth Management, JD, Certified Financial Planner or Certified Trust Fiduciary Advisor
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Ability to review trust agreement documents and ensure bank compliance
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision in a structured environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Knowledge and understanding of estate, trust, or fiduciary administration
- Knowledge and understanding of philanthropic concepts
- Solid problem solving skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Established knowledge of all types of charitable entities, trust, fiduciary law, and federal regulations
- Charitable Trust Administration experience
- Experience with discretionary grants and scholarships
- Experience working in a trust administration middle office
- Relationship Management experience
- Experience with trust applications: SEI, Micro Edge, PGCalc, and Giftwrap
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0046716 WEALTH INV MGMT/WIM PSI
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top