WM Sr Private Bkr UL (SAFE) 5
You've got the passion. You've got the skills. Now you just need the right opportunity. At Wells Fargo, you'll have the chance to join a team of intelligent and talented people who share the same values. Our diverse lines of business offer a world of opportunity to expand your capabilities and advance your career. We invest in our people and provide a supportive environment in which to learn and grow.
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a nationwide, diversified financial services company with $1.7 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 locations, more than 12,500 ATMs, online (wellsfargo.com), and mobile devices. Wells Fargo has more than 265,000 team members in 36 countries across our approximately 90 businesses. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 30 on Fortune's 2015 rankings of America's largest corporations. Wells Fargo's vision is to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. Wells Fargo perspectives are also available at Wells Fargo Blogs and Wells Fargo Stories.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) is one of the company's four main divisions. WIM businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
Wealth Management (WM): Wealth Management business is a leading provider of financial services to high-net worth clients through Wells Fargo Private Bank, and to the affluent segment through partnerships between Wealth Brokerage Services and the Community Bank. In Wealth Management, clients are provided with a complete range of solutions to help them manage, preserve and transfer their wealth.
The Sr Private Banker manages the most complex and sophisticated banking relationships with High Net Worth and/or Family Wealth clients. Utilizes strong credit expertise to advise clients on appropriate solutions. Manages the largest and most complex customized credit portfolios. Consults with team and clients to develop risk management and full balance sheet solutions using an integrated approach to meet client financial objectives. Develops new and expands current relationships by partnering across the Wells Fargo enterprise. Markets capabilities, objectives and client segmentation strategy throughout Wells Fargo. Analyzes financial, tax and credit needs of clients, monitors clients' risk profile and changing needs. Prepares loan packages for credit review and underwriting. Ensures records are maintained within policy guidelines. Recommends strategies that utilize Wells Fargo institutional capabilities to create and enhance client wealth. Provides training and guidance to less experienced Private Bankers. Incumbents have excellent sales/relationship management and teaming skills; an established external presence; exceptionally strong credit skills and deposit understanding. Ability to deliver highly complex credit/deposit solutions to clients. Incumbents have knowledge of non-traditional bank products and services to meet unique client needs. This SAFE position has customer contact and job duties which may include the offering/negotiating of terms and/or taking an application for a dwelling secured transaction. As such, this position requires compliance with the S.A.F.E. Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 and all related regulations. Ongoing employment is contingent upon meeting all such requirements, including acceptable background investigation results. Individuals in a SAFE position also must meet the Loan Originator requirements under Regulation Z (LO) outlined in the job expectations below
- 10+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: corporate, consumer, mortgage, or private banking
- FINRA registration including Series 7 and 66 (or FINRA recognized equivalents)
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Previous experience working with HNW clients in the private bank.
- Working knowledge of non-owner occupied commercial real estate lending and typical underwriting guidelines.
- Experience teaming with investment partners on both a Brokerage and a Fiduciary platform.
- Experience managing wealth-level relationships ($5MM+ in Net Worth) while leading with a broad-based, financial planning approach.
- Proven top performer in a Relationship Management role, experience achieving results at a high level by driving activities and pipeline in a demanding sales and service environment.
- Local networking and COI's within the market.
- This position requires SAFE registration at the time of employment. Wells Fargo will initiate the SAFE registration process immediately after your employment start date. The Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) web site (http://fedregistry.nationwidelicensingsystem.org ) provides the MU4R questions and registration required for employment in this position.
- Individuals in Loan Originator (LO) positions must meet the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau qualification requirements and comply with related Wells Fargo policies. The LO qualification requirements include meeting applicable financial responsibility, character, general financial fitness and criminal background standards. A current credit report will be used to assess your financial responsibility and credit fitness, however, a credit score is not included as part of the evaluation. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening, if necessary.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0049378 WEALTH INV MGMT/WIM PSI
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top