WM Sr Private Bkr UL (SAFE) 4
Let's talk about building a rewarding career
It starts with you. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a nationwide, diversified financial services company with $1.7 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 locations, more than 12,500 ATMs, online (wellsfargo.com), and mobile devices. Wells Fargo has more than 265,000 team members in 36 countries across our approximately 90 businesses. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 30 on Fortune's 2015 rankings of America's largest corporations. Wells Fargo's vision is to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. Wells Fargo perspectives are also available at Wells Fargo Blogs and Wells Fargo Stories.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) is one of the company's four main divisions. WIM businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
Wealth Management (WM) business is a leading provider of financial services to high-net worth clients through Wells Fargo Private Bank, and to the affluent segment through partnerships between Wealth Brokerage Services and the Community Bank. Investment & Fiduciary Services (IFS) is within WM and works with our clients to build, manage, preserve and transition their wealth. As one of the nation's strongest financial institutions, we bring together a team of experienced professionals to gain insight into each client's unique situation so that we may deliver specialized wealth solutions that best meet their needs and goals. Within IFS, we have 6 regional Trust Centers that support clients and field offices by providing trust administration, investment management, and fiduciary services
Manages full-service banking relationships with high net worth customers and oversees a portfolio of highly complex accounts. Consults with customers regarding financial needs, recommends products and services including credit structures, prepares loan packages for credit review and underwriting, opens and services accounts within authorized limits and ensures records/files are maintained within policy/guidelines. Analyzes financial, tax and credit needs of customers, monitors customers' changing needs and facilitates the implementation of strategies that utilize company products/services. Develops customer base through cross-selling products and servicing existing clients, develops new business through interaction with external resources, keeps informed of changing market conditions. Incumbents have an in-depth knowledge of product array, excellent sales/relationship management skills and consistently strong performance. Provides training and guidance to less experienced Private Bankers. This SAFE position has customer contact and job duties which may include the offering/negotiating of terms and/or taking an application for a dwelling secured transaction. As such, this position requires compliance with the S.A.F.E. Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 and all related regulations. Ongoing employment is contingent upon meeting all such requirements, including acceptable background investigation results. Individuals in a SAFE position also must meet the Loan Originator requirements under Regulation Z (LO) outlined in the job expectations below.
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: corporate, consumer, mortgage, or private banking
Other Desired Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university
- Master Degree
- Exceptional knowledge and demonstrated integration of solutions across wealth management disciplines to include investment, planning, insurance, etc.
- Experience creating and monitoring business plan to grow and achieve assigned goals and objectives.
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated with a high level of initiative and accountability
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment and build and maintain strong relationships successfully with internal and/or external customers and partners.
- SAFE (Secure and Fair Enforcement of Mortgage Licensing Act) registration
- Series 7, 66 and Insurance licensing required to participate in securities brokerage activities
- Excellent negotiation, relationship management and teaming skills
- Experience in initiating, evaluating (e.g., purpose, collateral, and sources of repayment), structuring, pricing and managing of complex credits that are integrated into a client's overall financial plan
- Proficient at profiling and identifying sophisticated client situations to capture opportunities and implement custom credit solutions.
- Knowledgeable in Commercial Real Estate Lending.
- Demonstrated understanding of how client business ventures may impact overall risk profile.
- Knowledge of financial markets, products and related transactions (e.g.: SWAPs- interest rate/ total rate of return, commercial mortgage debt, term structure of rates/yield curve, etc.).
- Knowledge of relevant legal, regulatory and compliance issues
- This position requires SAFE registration at the time of employment. Wells Fargo will initiate the SAFE registration process immediately after your employment start date. The Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) web site (http://fedregistry.nationwidelicensingsystem.org ) provides the MU4R questions and registration required for employment in this position.
- Individuals in Loan Originator (LO) positions must meet the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau qualification requirements and comply with related Wells Fargo policies. The LO qualification requirements include meeting applicable financial responsibility, character, general financial fitness and criminal background standards. A current credit report will be used to assess your financial responsibility and credit fitness, however, a credit score is not included as part of the evaluation. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening, if necessary.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0055827 WEALTH INV MGMT/WIM PSI
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top