WM Sr Private Banker UL (SAFE) 4
At Wells Fargo we believe in the power of a conversation. It’s how we learn, how we grow, and how ideas spread. It’s at the heart of everything we do. We ask questions. We listen. That’s how we help our customers succeed. So when the conversation turns to your future, your success, talk to us. We want to know how your story fits with ours and where we can go together.
We are a diversified financial services company providing banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 stores and 12,000 ATMs and the Internet at wellsfargo.com, across North America and internationally.
Our headquarters are in San Francisco, but every local Wells Fargo store is a headquarters for satisfying all our customers’ financial needs and helping them succeed financially. Our team members serve one in three households in America. And with $1.3 trillion in assets and nearly 275,000 team members across our 80+ businesses, we ranked fourth in assets and second in market value of our stock among our U.S. peers as of June 30, 2011. That’s our history. Let’s talk about your story, and how together we can help our customers succeed.
With over $462 billion in client assets, including $70 billion deposits and $40 billion in loans, Wells Fargo’s Wealth Management division is one of the nation’s leading providers of financial services to affluent and high-net-worth clients. Wealth Management’s mission is to build enduring relationships with our clients based on a foundation of sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We focus on our clients’ unique needs to deliver financial solutions that help them build, manage, preserve and transition their wealth.
The Private Bank delivers wealth management solutions to high and ultra-high-net-worth clients with $1 million or more in Wealth relationship balances. Clients of The Private Bank are supported by a personal relationship manager who brings together a dedicated team of specialists. This team delivers an integrated suite of services designed to address the high-net-worth client’s complex financial needs. Clients of The Private Bank enjoy many exclusive benefits. A local, dedicated relationship manager works with the client directly and coordinates an experienced team of local specialists. Other benefits clients enjoy include a premium level of service in stores, an enhanced, branded online experience and access to specialized solutions, rates and pricing appropriate for their level of wealth.
The Senior Private Banker 4 will partner with professionals across Wells Fargo to develop new client relationships, as well as manage existing client relationships. Qualified candidates will have excellent sales/relationship management skills, as they will use an integrated planning approach to advise teammates and clients on banking solutions in order to meet the client’s overall financial objectives. They will recommend strategies that utilize Wells Fargo’s individual and institutional capabilities to create, enhance, and maintain client wealth.
The Sr. Private Banker 4 is responsible for enhancing the Wealth Management and Private Banking brands with team members across the enterprise and in the community they serve. They may provide training and guidance to less experienced Private Bankers.
As credit is a key area of focus for the Sr. Private Banker 4, strong credit skills and deposit understanding (particularly cash management) is required. Candidates must have the following skills and experience:
- Leading the credit process, they will be accountable for the client’s end-to-end credit experience actively coordinating and following up with all involved parties
- Ability to deliver, construct and implement complex credit and deposit solutions to clients.
- Knowledge of and proven success with complex credit products and concepts including, but not limited to residential real estate, commercial real estate, concentrated collateral loans, unsecured lending, marketable secured lending, and other specialty lending needs
- Knowledge of credit structures, policy and pricing as well as a strong knowledge of not only traditional bank product and services, but also financial markets, products and transactions.
- Utilizes strong banking practices to advise High Net Worth clients on appropriate credit and deposit solutions and manage complex customized credit portfolios
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: corporate, consumer, mortgage, or private banking
- FINRA registration including Series 7 and 66 (or FINRA recognized equivalents)
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Solid critical thinking skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
Other Desired Qualifications
- Strong connection with recourse Commercial Real Estate investors and centers of influence providing services to the CRE market niche
- Self-motivated with a high level of initiative and accountability
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment and build and maintain strong relationships successfully with internal and/or external customers and partners.
- SAFE (Secure and Fair Enforcement of Mortgage Licensing Act) registration
- Excellent negotiation, relationship management and teaming skills
- Experience in initiating, evaluating (e.g., purpose, collateral, and sources of repayment), structuring, pricing and managing of complex credits that are integrated into a client’s overall financial plan
- Proficient at profiling and identifying sophisticated client situations to capture opportunities and implement custom credit solutions.
- Proven track record of closing recourse Commercial Real Estate deals for high net worth individuals.
- Demonstrated understanding of how client business ventures may impact overall risk profile.
- Knowledge of financial markets, products and related transactions (e.g.: SWAPs- interest rate/ total rate of return, commercial mortgage debt, term structure of rates/yield curve, etc.).
- Knowledge of relevant legal, regulatory and compliance issues.
- This position requires SAFE registration at the time of employment. Wells Fargo will initiate the SAFE registration process immediately after your employment start date. The Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) web site (http://fedregistry.nationwidelicensingsystem.org ) provides the MU4R questions and registration required for employment in this position.
- Individuals in Loan Originator (LO) positions must meet the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau qualification requirements and comply with related Wells Fargo policies. The LO qualification requirements include meeting applicable financial responsibility, character, general financial fitness and criminal background standards. A current credit report will be used to assess your financial responsibility and credit fitness, however, a credit score is not included as part of the evaluation. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening, if necessary.
- Registration for FINRA Series 66 (or 63 and 65) must be completed within 180 days of hire date if it is not available for transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted.
- Registration for FINRA Series 7 must be completed within 180 days of hire date if it is not available for transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0001269 WEALTH INV MGMT/WIM PSI
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top