WM Sr Investment Strat (Lo) 4
It starts with you. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a nationwide, diversified financial services company with $1.7 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 locations, more than 12,500 ATMs, online (wellsfargo.com), and mobile devices. Wells Fargo has more than 265,000 team members in 36 countries across our approximately 90 businesses. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 30 on Fortune's 2015 rankings of America's largest corporations. Wells Fargo's vision is to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. Wells Fargo perspectives are also available at Wells Fargo Blogs and Wells Fargo Stories.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) is one of the company's four main divisions. WIM businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
Wealth Management (WM): Wealth Management is a leading provider of financial services to high-net worth clients through Wells Fargo Private Bank, and to the affluent segment through partnerships between Wealth Brokerage Services and the Community Bank. In Wealth Management, clients are provided with a complete range of solutions to help them manage, preserve and transfer their wealth.
The Investment Strategist provides clients a holistic investment approach. They will provide investment advice to High Net Worth (HNW) clients which will be delivered consistently through multiple channels. The Investment Strategist responsibilities are:
- Consults with Wealth Management team members to develop and recommend an investment plan that includes all asset types/classes for our clients utilizing all of the appropriate Wealth Investments capability, service and products
- Will recognize financial and non-financial asset opportunities, and will have the responsibility to discuss with the client and integrate to the overall investment plan
- Advises and manages globally diverse investment and asset portfolios
- Utilizes the investment plan as a guide to a broader holistic investment review and discussions with clients regarding their goals and purpose of all of their investments assets
- Approaches client relationships with a broad investment point of view – then develops the client strategy and ensures executes of the strategy
- Uses the Wealth Management investment philosophy/our best advice to construct a client centric investment portfolio with full diversification using all of our investment solutions as needed
- With broad investment strategy authority and acting independently within established investment policy guidelines, provides advice to generate returns commensurate with an acceptable level of risk for the client
- Will leverage our various investment service management areas for investment implementation
- Will play an important and instrumental role on the team by using the investment plan as the guide for investment discussion
- Develops and drives new business through sales/marketing while leveraging partnership opportunities throughout the firm and through external Centers of Influence
- Keeps informed of developments in investment management industry and confers with tax attorneys, accountants, etc., to determine other consequences of investment decisions and resolves account problems
- Will be the voice of our investment philosophy and asset management capabilities and will share our investment views/capabilities with clients and prospects (both financial and non-financial)
- Disseminates investment management thought leadership information across their geography to our clients
This LO position has customer contact and job duties which may include needs assessing and referring those customers interested in a dwelling secured product to a SAFE team member. This position includes assisting customers without taking an application and without offering or negotiating terms of a dwelling secured transaction. Individuals in a LO position also must meet the Loan Originator requirements under Regulation Z (LO) outlined in the job expectations below.
- 10+ years of investment management experience
- Highly refined and professional verbal and written communications
- Strong presentation skills
- Knowledge and understanding of portfolio management
- Strong relationship management skills
- An active Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation
- A Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
Other Desired Qualifications
- 5+ years of a proven track record of new business development and closing business regarding investments with HNW clients
- Working knowledge of fiduciary issues/matters relating to investment management
- Experience with all types/classes of assets including financial and non-financial, portfolio construction, asset allocation and capital markets with HNW clients.
- Experience communicating complex investment consulting strategies with individual and institutional clients, prospects, centers of influence, and team members
- Proven ability to resolve complex client and account issues
- Comprehensive understanding of and ability to apply economic and capital markets research through risk mitigation strategies
- Established network in the local market
- Recognized as a leader and innovator in the market to include the ability to serve as investment leader among the Wealth Management team keeping them informed on investment issues and strategies
- Leadership experience working with peers, partners, and community
- Individuals in Loan Originator (LO) positions must meet the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau qualification requirements and comply with related Wells Fargo policies. The LO qualification requirements include meeting applicable financial responsibility, character, general financial fitness and criminal background standards. A current credit report will be used to assess your financial responsibility and credit fitness, however, a credit score is not included as part of the evaluation. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening, if necessary.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0069436 WEALTH INV MGMT/WIM PSI
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top