WM Fiduciary Team Manager - Philanthropic Services Planned Giving Team
Let's talk about building a rewarding career
It starts with you. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a nationwide, diversified financial services company with $1.7 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 locations, more than 12,500 ATMs, online (wellsfargo.com), and mobile devices. Wells Fargo has more than 265,000 team members in 36 countries across our approximately 90 businesses. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 30 on Fortune's 2015 rankings of America's largest corporations. Wells Fargo's vision is to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. Wells Fargo perspectives are also available at Wells Fargo Blogs and Wells Fargo Stories.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) is one of the company's four main divisions. WIM businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
Wealth Management (WM) business is a leading provider of financial services to high-net worth clients through Wells Fargo Private Bank, and to the affluent segment through partnerships between Wealth Brokerage Services and the Community Bank. Investment & Fiduciary Services (IFS) is within WM and works with our clients to build, manage, preserve and transition their wealth. As one of the nation's strongest financial institutions, we bring together a team of experienced professionals to gain insight into each client's unique situation so that we may deliver specialized wealth solutions that best meet their needs and goals. Within IFS, we have 6 Fiduciary Management Services (FMS) locations that support clients and field offices by providing trust administration, investment management, and fiduciary services.
This Fiduciary Team Manager position will manage the Philanthropic Services Planned Giving Team in the North Carolina FMS location. Duties include: Manages a specialized trust team that is responsible for specialized administration, risk management, and specialized services for institutional planned giving clients with deferred giving programs that include charitable remainder trusts, pooled income fund trusts, and charitable gift annuities within a centralized trust center environment. Accountable for the performance of the trust team including growth, profit management and risk management. The team members are responsible for administering moderate and complex charitable remainder trusts and investment accounts. Assigns accounts and ensures relationships are managed according to fiduciary policies and procedures to ensure satisfactory audits and service standards are met. Provides fiduciary oversight and answers moderately complex questions regarding trust taxability, document interpretation and fiduciary risk management. Reviews documents, negotiate fees and approves discretionary distributions up to appropriate amount. Confers with trust clients regarding the establishment, administration and operation of trust accounts. Works to develop new business, retain/expand current relationships and cross sell WMG services by partnering with sales professionals and by developing center of influence relationships. Responsible for recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training, and developing trust team members. Works with investment managers to value assets, develop investment strategy and ensures execution of investment strategy. Incumbents in this position may also have a book of business in addition to management responsibilities
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following industries: financial, trust, or legal; or 5+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following industries: financial, trust, or legal plus one of the following degrees or certifications: BA or higher in Trust & Wealth Management, JD, Certified Financial Planner or Certified Trust Fiduciary Advisor
- 1+ year of team leadership or management experience
- Experience building partnerships and consulting effectively with leadership
- Ability to identify business needs and deliver solutions in close partnership with line of business and technology
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to review trust agreement documents and ensure bank compliance
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong relationship management skills
- Ability to provide leadership by coaching, training, and mentoring
- Leadership experience with ability to effectively manage and engage teams
- Knowledge and understanding of philanthropic concepts
Other Desired Qualifications
- Certified Trust and Financial Advisor (CTFA) or similar certificate
- A BS/BA degree or higher (such as MBA/JD/LLM) in business, management, law or trust and wealth management
- Established knowledge of all types of charitable entities, trust, fiduciary law, and federal regulations.
- Knowledge and understanding of charitable tax rules
- Charitable Remainder Trust Administration experience
- Experience working in a trust administration middle office.
- Experience with trust systems such as SEI
- Experience with PGCalc Giftwrap
- Knowledge and understanding of charitable tax rules
- Project management or technology project experience as a SME
- Client/Relationship Management experience
- Experience running a planned giving program for a charitable organization
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0217264 WEALTH INV MGMT/WIM PSI
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top