Wholesaler 2 Southern Texas and Louisiana
At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
Wells Fargo Asset Management (WFAM), a division of Wells Fargo Wealth and Investment Management, strives to help clients achieve their financial goals through top-tier investment options managed by specialized investment teams that are supported by independent risk management and backed by superior, collaborative service. With more than $504 billion in assets under management as of January 12, 2018, Wells Fargo Asset Management has 29 autonomous investment teams with specialized expertise and proven processes, more than 500 investment professionals, and a global reach with offices and clients around the world.
Wells Fargo Funds Management (WFFM)is the 16th largest mutual fund company in the US with over $198 billion in assets under management. The firm falls under the Wells Fargo Asset Management division of Wealth and Investment Management.
Let's talk about the job
Join Wells Fargo Asset Management as a Regional Director/Wholesaler in our Southern Texas and Louisiana territory within Retail Intermediary Sales! The position will cover both National (wires) and Independent broker dealers.
The Regional Director partners with financial advisors in his or her territory, providing them with the product knowledge and skills necessary to successfully present products to meet client needs. Additionally, he or she works with branch managers and centers of influence to build relationships and find opportunities to increase sales. The Regional Director is responsible for strategizing ways to penetrate new markets to maximize competitiveness of products, contributing to the development of seminars, and working with their sales manager in developing other innovative sales ideas. In addition, the team member in this position will be in charge of co-hosting periodic fund manager conference calls and providing expert advice regarding specific mutual funds as advisor needs dictate. In charge of their own sales territory, this individual may make decisions on matters with significant financial impact.
The position is paid off salary, monthly commission, and is eligible for an annual bonus.
- 5+ years of sales experience
- Successfully completed FINRA Series 7 and 63 (or 66) exams to qualify for immediate registration (or FINRA recognized equivalents)
- Experience exceeding established performance goals
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment where strong independent thinking skills are important
Other Desired Qualifications
- Ability to be self-directed
- Travel necessary as business opportunities dictate
- Current experience in a Wholesaler position covering the Texas territory
- Currently resides in the territory
- The designation of CFP or CFA
- Ability to travel 80% of the time
- Obtaining and/or maintaining appropriate Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) license(s) is required for ongoing employment in this position. In addition state registration, specific product licenses or SAFE licensing may apply. Additional requirements include meeting enhanced financial fitness and criminal background standards. Wells Fargo will initiate the FINRA review process at the time of offer acceptance.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
WEALTH INV MGMT/WIM PSI
0077200 WEALTH INV MGMT/WIM PSI
Back to top