Wholesale Credit Program Analyst
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Wells Fargo Commercial Capital (WFCC) combines Wholesale's secured lending businesses including Asset Backed Finance (ABF), Commercial Distribution Finance (CDF), Corporate Trust Services (CTS), Wells Fargo Capital Finance (WFCF) and Wells Fargo Equipment Finance (WFEF). This consolidated group of businesses helps customers leverage their company's assets into flexible financing solutions. WFCC is a leading contributor to Wholesales revenue, assets, and net income.
Community Lending & Investment specializes in offering debt and equity capital to organizations that provide economic development, job creation, and affordable housing in communities of need nationwide.
You will become an integral part of a team and have the opportunity to assume significant responsibility that may include:
- Analyzing an affordable housing developer's financial and operational strengths and weaknesses including leverage, key risk factors, sources of repayment, cash flow, and ability to service debt
- Partnering with relationship managers in structuring and closing multi-million dollar affordable housing transactions in California
- Preparing underwriting memoranda, affordable housing developer annual reviews, and recommendations for Credit approval
- Reviewing and assisting in negotiating project documents related to the closing of a transaction
- Understanding client needs and identifying potential cross-sell opportunities for other Wells Fargo products and services
- Participating in property tours and site visits to develop a deeper understanding of the real estate transaction
- Assembling complex financial models that identify the potential financial performance of an asset, underwriting risks associated with demand, lease-up rate, operating expenses, and housing supply
- Establish good working relationships with affordable housing developers, municipal agencies, financial consultants, financiers, and attorneys.
- 1+ year of experience in one or a combination of the following: financial analysis, credit analysis, statistical analysis, or statement spreading; or a BS/BA degree or higher granted prior to hire date
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- High level of initiative and accountability
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Solid problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
Other Desired Qualifications
• Interest and/or experience in affordable housing and community development finance
• Familiarity with the Federal Low Income Housing Tax Credit ("LIHTC") Program and other affordable housing finance funding sources
• Familiarity with complex California real estate transactions
CA-SF-Financial District: 333 Market St - San Francisco, CA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0045865 WHOLESALE BANKING
Back to top