WFSE France - Chief Compliance Officer
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description
A bout Us
Wells Fargo provides middle market, large corporate and financial institution customers with a range of international solutions, including treasury management, credit, payments, financing, foreign exchange, and trade services. Wells Fargo operates from 42 countries and territories outside of the U.S., including branches in Beijing, Cayman Islands, Dubai International Financial Center (DIFC), Hong Kong, London, Seoul.
MainFunction of the Role
Wells Fargo Securities (WFS) is the securities and investment banking division of Wells Fargo & Co.
The WFS France Compliance function is part of EMEA Compliance providing compliance advice and oversight to the Wells Fargo Securities line of business and legal entity in France and supporting management in the identification and management of compliance risk and the coordination of regulator relationships.
The WFS France Chief Compliance Officer ("CCO"):
- Leads the WFS France Compliance Team as Compliance head for WFS in France,
- Assists senior management of WFS in France to identify and assess potential compliance risks, based on a comprehensive, effective and efficient compliance programme,
- Monitors and reports on Compliance and Financial Crimes risk to relevant stakeholders, including the Board of the WFS entity in France ,
- Assists senior management of WFS in France in their relationship with Regulators - ACPR and AMF,
- Assists senior management of WFS in France in guiding and educating staff on compliance rules and standards,
- Management of the WFS Financial Crimes Risk as registered Money Laundering Reporting Officer ("Declarant").
This role within EMEA Compliance is to enable WFS to meet its regulatory obligations in France.
- Act as trusted advisor to WFS business in France across a range of Capital Markets products & services ( cash equity & fixed income sales trading, Debt Capital Markets and M&A advisory services ) on all compliance issues.
- Pro-actively manage conduct risks advising business partners and Senior Management on how to manage such risks.
- Work with EMEA Compliance and EMEA FCRM partners to support the management of Compliance and Financial Crime risks associated with WFS business in France.
Compliance and FCRM Programme
- In conjunction with the EMEA Central Compliance team and EMEA FCRM ensure there is a fit for purpose compliance and FCRM programme (Risk Assessment/Policies/Training/Testing) designed to support WFS in France, which is aligned to the Wells Fargo Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Policy "RCRMP" and FCRM requirements.
- Identify Major Compliance Requirements applicable to WFS in France, which are subject to review.
- In-conjunction with the EMEA Regulatory Development and Policy team develop Compliance policies and procedures and provide writing support where required.
- Contribute to WFS Legal Entity and EMEA-wide risk assessments, procedures, policies, programmes and projects to describe controls and processes required to meet legal and regulatory money laundering and other FCRM obligations within France and the EU (where required).
- Develop a surveillance and monitoring plan for WFS in France, performing monitoring where required and engagement with Markets Surveillance team for coverage of WFS activities in France.
- Advise the Regional Testing team on key risks and priorities for review.
- Provide Compliance and FCRM training where required to WFS France team members.
Market Skills and Certifications
Regulatory Development & Change
- Advise WFS on forthcoming regulation applicable to the French business.
- In conjunction with EMEA Central Compliance and EMEA FCRM develop horizon scanning for WFS France
- Act as an advocate & leader to ensure regulatory change programmes impacting WFS in France are initiated.
- Support the implementation of regulatory change programmes that impact WFS in France, i.e. MAR, MiFID II, EU MLD V,.
Escalation and Management
- Participate actively and with authority in committee and board meetings with senior management to report on Compliance and Financial Crime risk and their management, including reporting on:
- The status of the compliance and FCRM programmes
- The results of the compliance monitoring and testing that have taken place
- Any material compliance or FCRM incidents and the actions taken to address them
- the status of outstanding action plans; and
- any changes in the Bank's compliance or FCRM risk profile (this is normally done on a yearly basis).
- Assist in the management of regulatory examinations and inquiries from the ACPR/AMF and other relevant regulators or other designated bodies e.g. TRACFIN, representing WFS France on issues as required.
- Identify critical partners particularly within EMEA and pro-actively develop relationships across Wells Fargo to ensure positive outcomes for the control environment impacting WFS in France.
- Identify and offer strategic solutions to improve Compliance and FCR< for WFS in France
- Escalate compliance, FCRM and conduct risk issues concerning WFS activities in France to Senior Management in EMEA.
- Prepare reporting for relevant Boards and Committees and present at those meetings where required.
- Work with the Head of EMEA Compliance and FCRM stakeholders, where relevant, in addressing any issues arising from ACPR/AMF reviews or examinations
- Identify resourcing needs for the WFS France Compliance team and proactively recruit and manage resources as required
- Communication - excellent interpersonal, communication (written and presentation) skills and organizational abilities are essential with an ability to liaise professionally and with diplomacy across all levels of staff in clear and succinct manner. Ability to build relationships and trust especially with senior Investment Banking staff.
- Legal / Regulatory Development - Educated to degree level ideally with auditing / legal or strong Regulatory Advisory or Regulatory Consulting background gained at a top tier wholesale bank or major consultancy firm (i.e. banking / product knowledge is required).
- Regulatory knowledge - Expert knowledge of French regulatory environment including MAD, MiFID & AML/CFT legislation. Current holder of AMF professional license is preferred. ACAMS or equivalent welcome.
- Product knowledge -Strong knowledge of cash securities, namely US equities and fixed income products ranging from Asset Backed Securities, Corporate Bonds., Treasuries. Good knowledge of Debt Capital Markets and M&A advisory.
- Global Outlook - Proven ability to work in global teams across multiple regions including EMEA.
- Team working and Leadership - proven track record of working collaboratively across multiple business lines and with stakeholders and colleagues at all levels but also of taking the lead as needs dictate. An ability to motivate team members for common progress is essential.
- Drive - self-starter, demonstrated ability to drive through regulatory change.
- Flexibility / Initiative - ability to manage multiple requests for information and handle confidential and sensitive information in a professional manner in a fast paced deadline driven environment.
- Problem solving skills - demonstrated ability to identify key issues, and obtain appropriate information for further analysis.
- IT literate - including Microsoft Project, Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint
- Bi-lingual (French and English)
Leadership Expectations at Wells Fargo
As a Team Member manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
Market Job Description - Translation
Directeur de la conformité chez WFS France
À propos de nous
Wells Fargo offre aux clients du marché intermédiaire, d'importantes sociétés et d'établissements financiers une vaste gamme de solutions internationales, dont des services de gestion de trésorerie, de crédit, de paiement, d'opérations de financement, de change et des services commerciaux. Wells Fargo exerce ses activités dans 42 pays et territoires à l'extérieur des États-Unis. La société possède des succursales dans les îles Caïmans et le Centre financier international de Dubaï (DIFC, Dubai International Financial Center), ainsi qu'à Pékin, Hong Kong, Londres et Séoul.
À propos du rôle
Wells Fargo Securities (WFS) est la division de courtage de valeurs mobilières et la banque d'investissement de Wells Fargo & Co.
La fonction de conformité de WFS France fait partie intégrante de la conformité EMOA. Elle fournit conseils et supervision en la matière à Wells Fargo Securities de même qu'à l'entité légale en France. Elle aide également la direction à identifier et à gérer les risques de conformité, et à la coordination des relations avec les autorités réglementaires.
Le Directeur de la conformité chez WFS France (CCO):
- dirige l'équipe de conformité de WFS France en tant que dirigeant de la conformité pour WFS en France ;
- aide la direction supérieure de WFS en France à identifier et à évaluer les risques de conformité potentiels, en suivant un programme de conformité exhaustif, efficace et de qualité ;
- surveille les risques de conformité ainsi que les risques liés aux crimes financiers et produit des rapports à l'intention des parties prenantes pertinentes, notamment le Conseil de l'entité WFS en France ;
- aide la direction supérieure de WFS en France dans ses relations avec les autorités réglementaires : l'Autorité de contrôle prudentiel et de résolution, (ACPR) et l'Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF) ;
- aide la direction supérieure de WFS en France à guider et à éduquer le personnel en termes de règles et normes de conformité ;
- est responsable de la gestion des risques liés aux crimes financiers de WFS en tant qu'Agent inscrit, chargé du signalement des blanchiments d'argent (Déclarant).
Le titulaire de ce poste sera inscrit en tant que titulaire principal de la fonction de conformité, notamment Responsable de la conformité pour les services d'investissement (RCSI) auprès de l'AMF, ainsi qu'en tant que titulaire principal de la fonction de contrôle interne et devra obtenir la certification professionnelle de l'AMF. Il sera également inscrit auprès de l'ACPR en tant que Déclarant.
Back to top