WFSE France Audit Manager
Wells Fargo provides middle market, large corporate and financial institution customers with a range of international solutions, including treasury management, credit, payments, financing, foreign exchange, and trade services. Wells Fargo operates from 42 countries and territories outside of the U.S., including branches in Beijing, Cayman Islands, Dubai International Financial Center (DIFC), Hong Kong, London, Seoul.
About the Department
Wells Fargo Audit Services (WFAS) is a provider of independent, objective, and advisory services delivered through a highly professional and diverse team. The primary function of WFAS is to determine if the company's risk management, systems of control, and governance processes are adequate and functioning as intended. As a business partner, WFAS makes significant contributions to protecting the value of Wells Fargo's corporate assets.
About the Role
We are seeking a highly qualified Audit Manager to serve as the Head of Internal Audit for Wells Fargo Securities (WFS) in Paris. The ideal candidate will have ample experience working in a multi-national financial institution, be a self-starter, and a clear communicator with all levels of management. The candidate will need to work independently and proactively with a wide range of business leaders, including the WFS Head and relevant legal entity Boards of Directors. Further, the candidate will also be responsible for representing Internal Audit with the French Prudential Supervision and Resolution Authority (Autorité de Contrôle Prudentiel et de Résolution - ACPR
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with management, regulators, and other third parties.
- Influence and provide credible challenge across multiple levels of management while fostering open communication and a no surprises environment.
- Represent Internal Audit in governance committees and with the WFS Board of Directors.
- Identify existing and emerging risks and successfully translate these into an actionable multi-year audit plan that meets the expectations of local regulators, the Board of Directors, and the group Internal Audit function.
- Lead audit teams in the planning and execution of complex assurance and/or project audits spanning across multiple disciplines.
- Present audit results in an objective and unbiased manner.
- Display a sense of urgency while focusing on issues that truly make a difference.
- Deliver assigned section of the audit plan and other defined responsibilities while adhering to internal procedures and audit methodology.
- Interact with US and EMEA WFAS personnel to fulfill regulatory requests.
- Provide formal/informal mentoring and feedback to further position audit staff for growth and advancement.
- Consistently demonstrate the ability to go above and beyond expectations, driving for superior results and quality.
- Support the EMEA Regional Senior Audit Manager in regional initiatives and special projects while contributing to the achievement of WFAS' mission.
This is a regulated position based in Paris, France
- Proven experience in one or a combination of the following: audit, control testing, control and risk identification, or audit analysis.
- Extensive experience auditing capital markets businesses, including associated risk functions such as market and counterparty risk.
- Proven leadership experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher in accounting, finance, or business administration
- Audit experience at a large multi-national financial institution or public accounting firm covering financial services clients.
- Knowledge of French and European Union financial services regulatory frameworks.
- Experience interacting with regulatory agencies.
- Relevant professional certification (CFA, CIA, CPA, ACCA, Securities License, etc.).
- Knowledge and understanding of audit methodologies and tools that support audit processes.
- Desire and ability to work in a virtual team environment where other team members and business partners are not always local, and in many cases, located across the United States and Europe.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Solid problem solving skills.
- Good analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, problem-solving skills.
- Ability to lead high risk and complex projects/initiatives.
- Ability to challenge the status quo and think critically about audit approaches and coverage strategies.
Back to top