WFS International Operations Manager 4
WFS International Operations Manager 4
The International Operations team is responsible for the timely and accurate affirmation & confirmation, clearance & settlement, and general support for international securities processing. The group is accountable for managing and controlling high levels of risk and liability inherent with international securities processing. It is imperative the team provide outstanding service and create an environment that maintains its focus on serving our clients and key business partners while constantly looking for ways to improve efficiency. The group processes numerous exception driven events which include but are not limited to fail management, reconciliations, buy-ins, fixed income & equity settlements, repo settlements, stock loan support, prime brokerage support, and re-alignment services.
The International Operations Manager will provide leadership, decision making and strategic support for the Wells Fargo Securities International Operations division. The manager will be exposed project management and reporting, assisting with the building of infrastructure for various special products and processing systems. Ensure regulatory compliance with security transactions across multiple legal entities. Coordinate with front office sales, trading, legal, documentation, compliance, finance, technology, external vendors and various other operational groups. Responsible for leading and managing human capital, including the selection process with a focus on creating a diverse work force, performance management and evaluation, human capital development and retention, promotion, salary and incentive administration. Responsible for managing large scale projects which may include technology & process reengineering and transformational change. Consistently demonstrate core values of Wells Fargo and ensure that they are reinforced throughout the department.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following, and adhering to and if applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 8+ years of operations experience
- 4+ years of management experience in an operations environment
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization; including senior leadership/management
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- 4+ years of management experience, including leading teams through changes to support the overall strategy of the organization. This also includes ability the train, monitor, develop and mentor staff
- Understanding or Broadridge products include but are not limited to GLOSS and BPS
- Must have a good understanding of foreign markets, capital markets products, industry trends, regulatory changes and industry-wide best practices. Proven ability to lead projects/initiatives supporting a variety of product areas with high risk and complexity
- Familiar with the regulatory environment and maintaining strong controls
- Proficient in Power Point and Excel as well as other Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Experience working with global custodians, depositories, agents and brokers to ensure timely and accurate processing of events to client accounts and to appropriately manage risk
- Experience managing resources in multiple locations including near shore and offshore locations with a clear ability to comply with all firm and regulatory requirements and providing effective supervision of each function performed in the group
- Possess Series 7 or 99 license
- BS/BA degree
- Ability to identify and implement change. Including process efficiencies, team re-alignment and offshore process management
- Strong industry working relationships
- Comprehensive financial products knowledge
- MIS presentation and report writing experience
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment with an attention to detail, organization and prioritization.
- Able to work effectively as part of a team
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0162773 WHOLESALE BANKING
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top