WFCF Inventory Finance Underwriter 2
Wells Fargo Commercial Distribution Finance- Marine/RV/Strategic Industries Units
Wells Fargo Commercial Distribution Finance (CDF) — formerly known as GE Capital, Commercial Distribution Finance — is even better positioned to help businesses grow. CDF provides specialized financing and servicing programs that facilitate the manufacture, distribution, and sale of consumer durables, electronics and appliances, industrial equipment and more.
Underwriter completing customer due diligence in accordance to corporate policy, conducting research, financial modeling and analysis and managing documentation for commercial transactions for the pay as sold and scheduled pay plan business (formerly GE Capital). Responsible for the underwriting of floor plan lending transactions. Analyze customer financial performance, both historical and future. Identify relevant business, market and other commercial risks faced by the customer. Reviews documentation to determine credit worthiness. Prepare risk assessments (credit write ups) Using results of analysis, makes decision to grant or decline credit.
- Negotiate terms and conditions for transactions and work with deal teams to ensure appropriate documentation is in place
- Manage existing commercial accounts, perform rigorous analysis of transactions, and resolve problem accounts in partnership with deal teams.
- Prepare risk assessments and present to senior management with a clear and consistent approach to mitigate risks
- Interface with customers to obtain needed information, resolve credit related issues, and minimize potential losses
- Monitor accounts (along with the account team) to ensure on-going compliance with loan agreements.
- Other projects and assignments as requested including, but not limited to, portfolio analysis to ensure compliance and portfolio reporting
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 1+ year of financial analysis experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- Experience in cash flow analysis, collateral analysis, and financial analysis
- Analytical skills: ability to analyze unstructured/complex problems using quantitative analysis
- Cross-functional teamwork: ability to pull together teams comprised of individuals from multiple functional backgrounds and drive results
- Ability to make and deliver presentations to executives and external clients
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0212155 WHOLESALE BANKING
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top