WFA Relationship Manager 3 - Products and Advice
You have a proven track record of success but you're looking for more? More responsibility? More challenges? At Wells Fargo you'll find that opportunity. You'll join a team of people who are smart and share your values. You can enjoy a diverse career as you learn and grow your capabilities across our multiple lines of business. Our supportive environment can help you make a difference within the company and the communities we serve.
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a nationwide, diversified financial services company with $1.7 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 locations, more than 12,500 ATMs, online (wellsfargo.com), and mobile devices. Wells Fargo has more than 265,000 team members in 36 countries across our approximately 90 businesses. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 30 on Fortune's 2015 rankings of America's largest corporations. Wells Fargo's vision is to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. Wells Fargo perspectives are also available at Wells Fargo Blogs and Wells Fargo Stories.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) is one of the company's four main divisions. WIM businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
Wells Fargo Advisors (WFA): Wells Fargo Advisors operates the nation's third-largest Brokerage business with over 15,000 Financial Advisors and 3,800 licensed bankers in retail stores across the U.S. Wells Fargo Advisors administer $1.4 trillion in client assets. Unprecedented choice and flexibility for Financial Advisors and their clients is provided through distinct business channels supported by established products, services and technology.
Wells Fargo Advisors' Products and Advice (P&A), Relationship Management Group is seeking a strong, collaborative and effective candidate to fulfill the business unit's Relationship Manager 3 need. The Products and Advice Relationship Management Group is responsible for overarching Wells Fargo Advisors' relationship management for over 200 asset management firms. These asset management firms represent multiple product lines including: Mutual Funds, Separately Managed Accounts, UITs, Offshore Mutual Funds and Exchange Traded Funds.
The Relationship Management Team's focus is Asset Manager relationship management through protocol alignment, and product structure understanding to drive and increase business productivity.
The Products and Advice Relationship Manager 3 will support the P&A Relationship Management Leader by successfully leading key objectives to ensure asset managers receive the knowledge, guidance and support provided through P&A's Relationship Management platforms and programs. The P&A Relationship Manager 3 will successfully achieve these expectations through overall oversight of 40+/- complex, third party asset management firm relationships that are both large in scale and scope (across Wells Fargo & Co.), on behalf of WFA to ensure productivity, compliance and comprehension of products and tools. Overall oversight of WFA relationships with the asset managers includes the following critical activities:
- Coordination of senior management meetings
- Development of materials for training, education and marketing of products and services
- Contract negotiation
- Developing, implementing and reporting on progress of asset managers at the firm including information on sales and marketing strategic initiatives, goals and accomplishments
- Coordination with Product Marketing and Communications partner teams to maximize asset manager visibility in the system
- Partnering with WFA's Business Development Group and distribution channels on conference sponsorship opportunities, training and educational events
- Planning and delivery of Home Office Team Member Development opportunities that leverage Strategic Relationship speakers and provide value-add content.
- Serve as point person for Offshore Training & Education and SMART Data programs by managing and maintaining end-user productivity enhancement efforts to the platform.
- Develop, maintain and execute Asset Manager onboarding programs; planning and project management ownership of Strategic Relationships education
- Enhancement ownership of contact management and reporting systems.
- 10+ years of securities industry experience
- 3+ years of client relationship management experience
- Management skills including managing multiple projects and negotiating complex issues
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Exceptional process, execution and decision making skills with a high level of personal effectiveness and credibility
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
Other Desired Qualifications
- Series 7 and 66 or willingness to obtain after hire
- Large enterprise experience
- Undergraduate degree
- Extensive knowledge of all investment products and services including: Mutual Funds, Separately Managed Accounts, UITs, Offshore Mutual Funds and Exchange Traded Funds.
- Previous experience managing relationships and large scale projects.
- Proven ability to communicate and interface effectively with senior leaders/principals/FAs
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to identify and evaluate trends, isolate root causes and provide swift and thorough resolution
- Ability to travel 40% of the time
- Registration for FINRA Series 7 must be completed within 180 days of hire date if it is not available for transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted.
- Registration for FINRA Series 66 (or 63 and 65) must be completed within 270 days of hire date if it is not available for transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0051163 WEALTH INV MGMT/WIM PSI
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top