Wells Fargo Securities - Associate
- Tokyo, Japan
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 30 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
The candidate will work with and support the senior US rates trader in Tokyo, ultimately reporting to the Head of Liquid Product Trading International in London. Successful candidate is to assume U.S. Treasury and Swap Trading role within the Liquid Products team with a focus on serving clients through the following activities:
- Pricing and risk management of client flows, construction of robust, data-driven trade ideas, consistent communication with Sales;
- Analysis of client flows; development of tools that measure and analyze Desk performance.
- Work closely with another Liquid Product Trader in Tokyo and Sales to develop strategies to serve clients, gain market share, and increase flows.
- Consistent communication (both verbal and written) with clients and frequent client travel.
- Work with other Trading Desks on the platform to quickly and accurately disseminate market relevant information, to produce commentary on a regular basis that focuses on trading opportunities for clients and internal partners.
The U.S. Treasury market is the global benchmark and is the deepest and most liquid debt market in the world with a rapidly evolving market structure and dependence upon technology. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to learn the dynamics and structure of the Interest Rate Derivatives markets.
The candidate will have extensive knowledge of the U.S. Treasury products and experience in pricing and risk managing related futures markets and be knowledgeable about the structure of different electronic trading platforms and their use as a tool to service clients and risk manage a portfolio.
This role will be actively engaged in the formulation of technology and tools to price and risk manage client activities, and interact with the N.Y. Fed in Wells Fargo's capacity as a Primary Dealer.
Wells Fargo is a Primary Dealer for U.S. Treasuries and acts as a counterparty for the New York Fed in its implementation of monetary policy.
Market Skills and Certifications
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Japanese
- Experience trading or assisting in trading the US Rates and derivatives market (UST cash and futures, Eurodollar futures)
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- 1-2 years in supporting Asian region trading
- Candidate must have the strong analytic skills to work with a variety of systems and groups
- Candidate must have, or ability to have, knowledge of the technical and fundamentals affecting the markets
- Candidate must be prepared to work on a diverse range of projects which may include all risk asset classes within the securities division
- Candidate must have a college degree from an accredited institution in addition prefer that candidate as an advanced degree
- Candidate must be JSDA Sales Representative Series 1 licensed
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Back to top