Wells Fargo Equipment Finance Underwriter
Market Job Description Wells Fargo Equipment Finance (WFEF) is a leasing/finance company offering financing to businesses for their equipment acquisitions. WFEF offers leasing and financing directly to businesses for their equipment acquisitions and/or develops programs with manufacturers and distributors to facilitate their equipment sales.
This position has responsibly for underwriting and adjudication within defined credit approval limits of inventory financing transactions for commercial customers. It is primarily focused in the transportation, construction and material handling industries. This position will support the commercial teams in analyzing, closing and funding of commercial lending transactions.
- Analyzes financial and credit information for commercial inventory finance customers according to business unit standards and prepare credit reports and pitches for management
- Approve transactions within delegated credit authority and make well supported recommendations for transactions which exceed delegated authority
- Collaborate with commercial and operations teams as well as review lending and leasing agreements to ensure terms of credit approval and business standards are met
- Monitoring of in-place lines of credit on a quarterly basis
- Assist in portfolio management including reviewing credit amendments, waiver requests and documentation modifications
- Operate in a regulated environment and adhere to all regulatory and compliance requirements.
Market Skills and Certifications
- Relevant undergraduate degree
- 4+ years of commercial underwriting and/or financial analysis experience
- Good understanding of financial statements and adept at financial analysis including familiarity with combinations, consolidations and cash flow
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Bilingualism (English and French) an asset
- MBA, CFA, CPA or other relevant professional designation
Wells Fargo team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. As a Wells Fargo team member, you are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top