Wells Fargo Advisors Business Transition Consultant 1 - Financial Advisor Integration Services Group
You’ve got the passion. You’ve got the skills. Now you just need the right opportunity. At Wells Fargo, you’ll have the chance to join a team of intelligent and talented people who share the same values. Our diverse lines of business offer a world of opportunity to expand your capabilities and advance your career. We invest in our people and provide a supportive environment in which to learn and grow.
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a nationwide, diversified financial services company with $1.7 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 locations, more than 12,500 ATMs, online (wellsfargo.com), and mobile devices. Wells Fargo has more than 265,000 team members in 36 countries across our approximately 90 businesses. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 30 on Fortune’s 2015 rankings of America’s largest corporations. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. Wells Fargo perspectives are also available at Wells Fargo Blogs and Wells Fargo Stories.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) is one of the company’s four main divisions. WIM businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
Wells Fargo Advisors (WFA):Wells Fargo Advisors operates the nation’s third-largest Brokerage business with 15,134 Financial Advisors and 3,883 licensed bankers in retail stores across the U.S. Wells Fargo Advisors administer $1.4 trillion in client assets. Unprecedented choice and flexibility for Financial Advisors and their clients is provided through distinct business channels supported by established products, services and technology.
About WFA’s Financial Advisor (FA) Integration Services Group
FA Integration Services is responsible for supporting the onboarding of new Financial Advisors (FAs) hired to Wells Fargo Advisors. The teams include the Transition Consultants, who travel onsite to assist with training new FAs on day-to-day activities, and the Centralized Asset Transfer team comprised of Level 1 and 2 Transition Specialists, who are responsible for the account opening, asset transfer, and transition reporting for these FAs.
The Transition Consultant is responsible for post-hire relationship management, with respect to the successful integration of experienced advisors to the Firm. Coordinate with Home Office, and Field team members in order to create a tailored integration plan. Coach and mentor the new Financial Advisor, and support staff on the integration process and best practices. Manage time and assist others in managing priorities, deadlines, and processes appropriately. Bring closure to issues, questions, and requests while determining root cause to solve complex problems. Develop and design complex solutions, document processes, and suggest efficiencies. Serve as the subject matter expert across multiple concurrent tasks. Provide engaged support either on site or remotely for 60 days post hire. May require extensive travel, and assistance at all levels of the integration process; setting expectations, account opening, asset transfer, platform knowledge transfer, liaison to Services and Operations, as well as coaching and guidance to new peers and lower level staff.
- Communicate in writing to all levels of leadership
- Have post hire support expectation call with branch manager, and identified local support- includes details of Centralized Asset Transfer (CAT) call, transition binder, as well as onsite and remote transition plan
- Ensure scheduling of platform coaching and support training
- Manage ongoing relationship with the new advisor/ and branch for the first 60 days- including but not limited to: research, coaching, mentoring with best practices, providing advice, revising transition plans, and coordinating support
- Actively engage CAT to open accounts
- Act as subject matter expert and key liaison between the branch, home office support, and business partners including consulting to best serve the new Financial Advisor, and client.
- Ensure daily reporting is sent, as well as ongoing Salesforce and SharePoint tracking.
- Provide assistance at all levels including onsite account opening, asset transfer, paperwork, account review, and analysis to ensure compliance and identify action items, rejections, and irregularities.
- Provide leadership and guidance to less experience, and lower level staff, including onsite shadowing, and ongoing mentoring of new team members.
- Recommend solutions for complex issues, related to the client, advisor, platform, and process.
- Make and implement suggestions to maintain and improve process and procedures
Location: St. Louis, MO is the Home Office location, prefer West Coast or Midwest but open to any location.
- 3+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: project support, project team participation, line-of-business support, or project management
- 3+ years of financial services industry experience
- Microsoft Excel spreadsheets experience importing, exporting, and manipulating data
- Ability to articulate issues, risks, and proposed solutions to various levels of staff and management
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Access) skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of maintaining and updating SharePoint team web content
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Cross channel knowledge
- Ability to articulate professionally
- Excellent coaching, training, motivating, presentation, planning and organizational skills remotely and in onsite sales locations
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and troubleshoot operational issues
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of associates and clients
- Smart Station and BETA knowledge
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
Other Desired Qualifications
- Brokerage Account Opening and Maintenance experience
- Lending and Banking experience
- Brokerage Account Transfers experience
- Ability to travel up to 90% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0163122 WEALTH INV MGMT/WIM PSI
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top