Web Systems Engineer 5
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo's more than 70 million global customers.
The Capital Markets Platform Team is looking for a Support Engineer for Web Technologies / WebSphere / IBM BPM. This position will provide support for multiple applications running on application servers like WebSphere and related technologies like IBM BPM, IBM ODM etc. The position will include tasks like support for lower and production regions, installation, configuration, code deployment, tuning and troubleshooting with WebSphere, IBM BPM, IBM ODM 8.5 and related http web servers as part of a shared platform team.
Will be involved with upgrade and deployments including designing and testing multiple tier servers to meet growth or user requirements and ensuring the existing systems are not impacted. Consults with internal teams and external teams on design, planning, integration, implementation, scalability, problem definition and resolution the of the supported platforms involving the interrelated demands of hardware, software, security and control.
Will work closely with application Development teams, QA, DevOps, OSEs, DBAs, etc to provide best in class support for he platform. Develops new documentation and participates in the development of technical procedures. Analyzes performance statistics and determines hardware and communication tools needed to support projected transaction volumes, response time and system availability targets. Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area and participates in the updating and testing of the business continuation plan.
- Provide Platform support for production and lower environments.
- Work on Automating and scripting all aspects of platform management using DevOps tools as needed.
- Monitor system runtime performance.
- Build new Environments and expand capacity as required.
- Work with application owners and application support teams to help resolve issues.
- Involved with automation of and deploying code into various environments.
- Ensure compliance with Wells Fargo Technology standards.
- Also responsible for Product Upgrades, Capacity & Performance Management, Monitor & Tune Platform Usage, Benchmark Performance Testing, Core Integrations, Access & Security and Infrastructure Support.
- 7+ years of web systems environments experience
- 5+ years of web applications experience
- 3+ years of UNIX experience
- 3+ years of WebSphere experience
- Web application installations, upgrades, and deployment experience
- Experience with servers or systems that support/host web applications
- 3+ years of IBM BPM experience
- 1+ year of experience with version 9.x webMethods technology such as integration, messaging and BPM
- Experience developing, supporting or integrating messaging technology such as Solace, Tibco or MQ
- Java experience
- Experience with the installation, configuration and implementation or administration of Jboss Application Server
Other Desired Qualifications
- 5+ years of Web based systems support experience
- 3+ years of WebSphere support/admin experience
- IBM BPM 8.0/8.5 Administration
- Expert in troubleshooting IBM BPM and WebSphere Issues including performance, memory leaks etc.
- Knowledge of industry best practices for IBM BPM
- Knowledge of at least one Webserver like Apache HTTP or IHS server and its integration with IBM BPM
- Experience with Administration of IBM Operational Decision Manager (ODM)
- Flexibility to work in a 24/7 environment
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays as needed or scheduled
NC-Charlotte: 301 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
MN-Minneapolis: 255 2nd Ave S - Minneapolis, MN
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Back to top